Installing my new graphics card!

PCNoob2

Daemon Poster
I got my new graphics card from Fedex today and before I install it, I need to ask you guys a question.

Do I have to delete my old drivers from my old graphics card before installing my new one? Or does it even matter?

If it does matter, is their a program I can use to get rid of my old Nvidia drivers?

I got an ATI card.

Thanks.

Yeah, un-install your nVidia drivers, best to do it in safe mode as well..

Just remove them from Add/Remove Programs..

1. Boot info safe mode, uninstall nVidia drivers - turn off
2. Install ATI card - install drivers
3. Restart computer

Which card are you getting rid of, and which card are you installing?

No, it doesn't matter. Just install the video card, pop in the CD it came with, install the drivers on that CD. then head off to...

http://www.ati.com/drivers

Then check to see for a more current driver. Also, to delete the nVidia drivers, i believe all you have to do is go into Control Panel>>Add/Remove Programs>> and select the nVidia driver, delete it, reboot, and presto. :)

By the way, what video card did you get? ;)

Thats exactly what I said..:p:p:p

Dude, you are proberly going to hate me for this, and it will back fire, but please could you make your font just regular like this. Bold comes across as you shouting you see..

I got a 9600PRO with 256 ddr ram.

Just needed something to play World of Warcraft better.

And I'm getting rid of a GeForce FX 5200.

And how do I enter safe mode when rebooting?

Nope, I'm not planning on selling it because I'm giving the 5200 to my younger brother for his little computer.

I'm sorry joxely, I have vision problems, so when proof reading my posts, I have to see it clearly. Infact, I have to get exteemly close to the screen just to read what you guys are posting. I'm sorry for the inconvience, but, I can't see what I say unless it's in bold. But, I never mean for my text to come across as yelling or shouting, sorry if you got that idea. :( Plus, I like the color black, so it all adds up. :p

In either case, the 9600 Pro should play WoW without any problems. :)

GenoXide said:
I'm sorry joxely, I have vision problems, so when proof reading my posts, I have to see it clearly. Infact, I have to get exteemly close to the screen just to read what you guys are posting. I'm sorry for the inconvience, but, I can't see what I say unless it's in bold. But, I never mean for my text to come across as yelling or shouting, sorry if you got that idea. :( Plus, I like the color black, so it all adds up. :p

In either case, the 9600 Pro should play WoW without any problems. :)

Jesus, I am so sorry, I wasn't trying to take the p***, I understand, I now know that your not shouting now, so when people have a go, ill step in :)

Sorry mate, accept my apology :)

Back
Top Bottom