Installing more RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverstone

Baseband Member
I currently have 2 x 512 sticks of pc3200 in my pc, today arrived another 2 x 512 pc3200 (same) so I could upgrade to 2 gig total YET when I try to install the new RAM I get error via an annoying voice saying "system failed due to cpu overclocking" I have tried many diff combinations....if I keep one original stick in and one new one in it, it works (giving me 1 gig which I already had) so they will mix, just as soon as I try another slot I get error?? Any help would be grateful? My mobo is A8V Deluxe, thanks, James.

Try as many different combos as you can in order to isolate the problem. For example, try one of each stick in slots 3 and 4, two of the same in 2 and 4... 3 sticks in slots 2,3,4, etc. That MIGHT help you isolate the problem.

BTW, it's spiffy that you have voice that talks to you :). Most people have to decode beep patterns. I don't even have a case speaker :).

Oh, btw, also, in addition to... It seems very obvious... but you are not overclocked at all are you? I'm pretty sure overlcocking with 2 gigs of ram is quite a bit trickier, as far as hardware and its willingness to comply goes. If you are OCd, back off the OC and see if it works.

Ask DJChris, maybe he can help. He loves asus boards....

Is it the same type/brand of ram? Im not sure if that matters or not.

Are all four of the memory modules double sided? (black components on both sides). The VIA K8T800 chipset has a banking limitation and you will not be able to run four double sided modules together. Update the BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom