Installing Linux

i'm running Fedora Core 3 at the moment, the anaconda installer is nice and clear, and makes it nice and easy to use. From my experience though my favourite distro by far is Suse though I havn't tried Gentoo, that's on the to do list.

Suse is great if you're new to linux becuase it is resonably straightforward to use and is a dream to install

AMD Zen and I are both going to try and install gentoo AMD64 soon, so hope that works out.

Gentoo is a hard install. But the documentation / forums are excellent. It takes a good while to do everything (best to do it on a weekend you're free).

iamroot: it just takes time and understanding of what you're doing. but i've learnt a lot just from the install.

Im kinda noobish in the linux and unix os's is freebsd like linux or unix or neather

GNU/Linux is not a "unix os". In fact, its not even related to Unix at all. BSD is the one that is based on Unix.

I currently have RH9 installed....can i install fedora core 3 on top of it?....without much modifications...or i have to do another installation altogether?

Back
Top Bottom