Installing Cd Drive

jashan17

In Runtime
I've heard that you need an internal audio plugin and jumpers on the drive to switch between master and slave..I cant seem to find either of these, only the SATA power connector and the SATA connector for the motherboard.

yeah u dont need them. just hook up the sata power and the mobo connector and the audio goes through the sata cable

Okay i got the floppy in, but now theres a 'Media test Failure" and turns off when i start it up
EDIT: Theres a small 4 pin cable that is labelled 'speaker', i dont know where to plug it in though..
EDIT: Theres a sticker on the cable labelled 'R' in green.

Omfg When I Go Into The Hardware Monitor In The Bios It Says The Cpu Is At 110 Degrees Celsius!!!!

Atomic Rooster;7****9 said:
That is a tad bit high. Is your fan plugged into the motherboard header and spinning?

Yes it is, i know that is abnormally high...lol The fan is spinning but it says it is at 110 degrees celsius...I took out the cpu and it wasnt hot at all, like room temperature.
EDIT: Should i check again, or would it fry the cpu?

It should be turned off when you check it. Make sure the heatsink is making full contact with the CPU and is properly locked down. How fast does the hardware monitor say the CPU fan is spinning?

Back
Top Bottom