Installing a New HD

EcLiPsE

In Runtime
I know how to put it in and hook it up but I was wondering how do I get windows on there and all that? Do I use the system reformat disk? Or Do I have to buy windows? Or what?

The Windows OS CD does all that for you. Once the hard drive is connected, just put the Windows CD in the DVD burner and reboot. Everything else is pretty automated and there are several prompts that you need to input, that's it.

Most new retail hard drives come with a floppy that contains a utility that will format the drive and copy the entire contents of an old drive to the new drive. If your's does not have that disk, you can download the utility from the drive manufacturer's website. :D

Oh ok cool, I actually wanted to just have windows on there and start from scratch incase there was a virus or anything on the old one.

^really? I posted a question just like that a couple days ago, well I guess rebuilding my machine wasn't necessary, i'm gonna go look for that utility...

Give it a try after the hard drive is installed in your PC. Just pop the Recovery CD or DVD into the DVD drive and restart. It should act as a boot disc.

Thats what I thouht. I hope it will work. I really dont want to spend 140 bucks for windows.

Back
Top Bottom