installing a motherboard help

joe02151

Baseband Member
I just ordered a new motherboard and I wanted to know if I can just plug in the old hard drive and it will work? I heard somewhere that you wont be able to just plug in the hard drive but I dont know, thanks

going from a intel dell model to an Asus P4C800-E Deluxe i875P P4 800FSB Skt478 DDR ATX Motherboard w/Audio, Gigabit LAN, RAID/Serial ATA Retail (Prescott Ready)

joe02151 said:
I just ordered a new motherboard and I wanted to know if I can just plug in the old hard drive and it will work? I heard somewhere that you wont be able to just plug in the hard drive but I dont know, thanks
This is absolutely NO,The thing is if you bought a mbd that will fit your tower and if you feel you can install it.Your previous Hardware should not be effected.But a lot of work ahead,hope you got a paper book manual for this MBD.

;)

so what steps do i have to do in order to get it to work? I can save my important files on cds and then what do i do when the time comes that i want to install it

joe02151 said:
so what steps do i have to do in order to get it to work? I can save my important files on cds and then what do i do when the time comes that i want to install it
I got that a little wrong,but i did want to know first if you bought a mbd that fits your case . If so than just plug in the hd's (in the same cable locations(master or slave) as before) and they'll work.Be sure you have the right cables for this newer board.EG:66/100 maybe.
I know,i did it in OCT 02.
:p

Back
Top Bottom