Installation and extraction failures

Status
Not open for further replies.

denreaper

Beta member
Hello,
This issue started several months ago.

A little background information:
My old power supply fan started to die, so I replaced the power supply with a Rosewill power supply. It shorted and fried my motherboard. After replacing the motherboard and power supply, I was able to use it for a while without, atleast what I remember as, any problems. I don't remember if I was having issues back then but anyway, I eventually replaced the motherboard and CPU with a socket 754 and an AMD Sempron 2800+ 64 bit.

The issue at hand:
Either after replacing the motherboard, or after replacing the CPU (I believe it was the CPU, but I'm not sure.) I was confronted with the issue of many installations not being able to complete due to "corrupt data" and the sort. This issue occured more frequently on archived files such as zip, rar, and cab extensions. My first assumption was the HDD, but I have tried multiple. The only things that I can see possible is a memory error or something to do with having a 64-bit processor running on a 32-bit operating system (Highly improbible as far as I can tell.). I'll try to get back to you on doing a memory check (If I can even get such a program to install correctly.). Any information that anyone has would be of great assistance to me.

Thanks in advance,
Denny

I ran MemTestx86 for approx. 13hrs. ~60 tests all turned out positive. I don't think that the memory is an issue. I'll still push it however and see if I can acquire another stick of memory for testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom