Inside seti's head

setishock

Wizard of Wires
Had the MRI done this afternoon. Being a geek I got a chance to speak to the tech for a minute before getting strapped in. Magnetic fields align the hydrogen atoms and radio frequency signals cause them to snap back giving off an energy signature that's captured by the scanner. Ok then enough of the tech talk let's rock. I asked about the noise last thing. He says, "It's loud so here's some ear plugs." I popped them in and he strapped my head down and put on the bird cage. You tell me and we'll both know. I had my eyes closed mediating so it didn't matter to me.
On a side note I had a really bad ear infection in my left ear years ago that changed the shape of that ear canal. Foam ear plugs don't want to stay put.
And sure enough as soon as the table got all the way in the machine guess what worked loose? That SOB is loud. Buzz, BUZZ, BUZZ. Click, CLICK, CLICK. For 15 minutes.
My head was spinning for a couple of seconds after I sat up on the table. Low sugar and no breakfast was what that was about. The MRI scan will not harm you in any way. The tech said that was it, but not for me. I asked him for a print out of one of the slices but then I remembered the hospital is a paperless workplace. He did one better and said he would make me a copy of the disc the radiologist and the doctor would be getting.
Could not wait to get home to have a look.

I have to tell you even with how bad I've managed to tear my self up over the years and the library of x-rays I've had, nothing prepares you for a look inside your own head. It's fascinating as all get out. Here's one of the shots that shows the lens replacement pretty clearly. ( I erase my personal info off the shot. Otherwise it's like it came out of the machine.)

195-seti-mri-scan.jpg

Oh yeah. The hole in the top is where my antenna come out. Had to reel them in so the tech wouldn't spot them. :lol::whistling:

All I can say with that shaped head of yours you are no Egg Head.....lol

Jokes aside hope your health is OK.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Thanks.
Now that they confirmed what it is they can get treatment started.

Well an update. The doctor from the MEA clinic called and said she could not use the scans as they are of low quality. In others words the hospital tech did a crap job. The doc said she couldn't use any of it.
I gave her a release for the CTscan and the ultra sounds. Now I have to wait till she gets them to see if she can use them.

I'm very upset as you can imagine. That was a chunk of change out of my pocket to get all that done.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be asking for a please explain on the low quality, would have imagine all MRI scans would be of the highest quality for diagnosing purposes.

The scans they put on the disc are of horrible resolution. It would be reasonably possible when the images were compressed to fit on the disc using their viewing software, a lot of the resolution was lost. Any way the radiologist at the clinic will get to the bottom of it and call me tomorrow.
This sucks. I can guarantee my blood pressure is out of this world.

Speaking of image, what happened to the image in my first post?

Last edited:
So the images themselves are fine. Just have to get them to the person in the high quality.

I still see the image.

The scans they put on the disc are of horrible resolution. It would be reasonably possible when the images were compressed to fit on the disc using their viewing software, a lot of the resolution was lost. Any way the radiologist at the clinic will get to the bottom of it and call me tomorrow.
This sucks. I can guarantee my blood pressure is out of this world.

Speaking of image, what happened to the image in my first post?

Did you not mention in other posts that this forum has gremlins where posts seem to omit certain features such as this link you posted....Missing post - Computer Forums

Back
Top Bottom