Inserting my new Graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

muppetman2000

Baseband Member
I have Agp x8 slots and i have bought a Sapphire Radeon 9250 with 256 mgb of memory. I have been informed it is easy to put in the new card but i have to change the bios. Would some one help me?

depends on your motherboard really. does it have integrated video on the motherboard? if so you may have to disable the onboard video in BIOS. if that is the case you need to find out what key will get you into the BIOS setup. it will basically mean hitting a certain key repeatedly when you turn the pc on until you get the BIOS screen. the key is probably DEL, INS or F1. once you're in BIOS have a poke around and see if you can find an option for "disable on board video"

@nitestick, wouldnt going to start>control panel>system>hardware>Device Manager>integrated display adapter and disable this one, then pick the other video card from device manager and enable that one work?

I know on my old eMachine, I had to go into BIOS and reduce the RAM allocated to onboard gracphics to zero. I also had to disable the onboard through the control panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom