Insane Blizzard

Status
Not open for further replies.

hickfarm

In Runtime
It hasn't snowed that much, but the winds are insane. There is 50 mph gusts of wind.

I drove home from work which usually takes 10 minutes. It took me an hour to get home.
It is about 10 miles and it is was a country highway and there was nothing to stop the wind. I never got above 30 mph driving. Normally i was going around 20 mph.

There was 3 cars that were stuck in the ditch that i stopped to help. But they decided to stay the night in their vehicles. They were to stubborn to go to someone else's house. They would just wait for someone to pull them out in the morning. When i stepped out of my car in the wind, my hair turned to ice within a minute.

I never drove in weather this bad before. It was impossible to see lines of the highway the whole time. There were many times i caught myself driving on the gravel on the side of the road. It was really hard to see my turn off either. It has been snowy here a lot, but never with that much wind that i remember. I am surprised out electricity is still going.

Wow, best of luck to you guys up there in the north....I found it rather comfortable here in southern california. (70 degrees and not a cloud in the sky)

i got like 2-3 feet this week. Nothing crazy as it comes every year (northern ohio). I do know one thing... camaro + slicks = stuck camaro.

Crysalis said:
i got like 2-3 feet this week. Nothing crazy as it comes every year (northern ohio). I do know one thing... camaro + slicks = stuck camaro.

same here, Northeastern ohio. my ATV was getting stuck just trying to drive through the yard because theres a 1/2in layer of ice ontop of all of this.

Yeah i was driving our 4X4 four-wheeler through the snow earlier today. That is a lot of fun until you get stuck

I hate this time of the year as well. Small Rear Wheel Drive Truck + big engine= Crappy driving conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom