Info on AMD

yea conroe is gonna be the best whe nit comes a couple of my frineds todl me to wait to make my pc once conroe comes out... i was like i dont whana wait to i went with the amd x2.. didnt want to wait a few months

The only problem being that the X2 has a few problems in gaming still.
I get loads of lag becasue of my 4400+ during some games, whiles others run brilliantly.

AMD has an Integrated Memory Controller, which give AMD cpus soooo much memory bandwidth its not even funny. But you see, in real world applications, nothing uses that much bandwidth. But it helps none the less. AMD has just started to move other to DDR2 with their new flagship AM2 socket.

Intel on the other hand, doesnt have an IMC so they use the northbridge as the memory controller. The cpu and the northbridge talk with the FSB (front side bus) Though not as much memory bandwidth as the IMC, it works very well. The latency isnt that far behind the Athlon 64 on AM2. Intels usually have a higher clock speed and with the release of Conroe, they are very energy efficient. Conroe will soon turn the tide in gaming or it already has. ;)

Back
Top Bottom