Increasing suddenly ram usage

Ram 2 GB.
OS windows 7...
It is new problem.... because usually not until 1GB ram usage...
I cannot say in text message.. could u help me..what u think if i send u video to explain my laptop's problem..
You could post it here. Maybe there is someone else who can help you out.

Using 1gb of ram sounds about average for windows 7. have you tried running windows update? if i recall, there was an update to the windows update program, that could cause 50% cpu/ram usage while it's trying to find the update with the outdated windows update program. i ended up having to manually install a few updates to get it to stop doing that. Or you could just upgrade to windows 10, i think they're still offering the free upgrade, you just have to look harder for it.

Using 1gb of ram sounds about average for windows 7. have you tried running windows update? if i recall, there was an update to the windows update program, that could cause 50% cpu/ram usage while it's trying to find the update with the outdated windows update program. i ended up having to manually install a few updates to get it to stop doing that. Or you could just upgrade to windows 10, i think they're still offering the free upgrade, you just have to look harder for it.
Yes. With the Media Creation Tool.

On your keyboard, between the CTRL and ALT keys is the Windows Key (with the Symbol)

On your keyboard, press Windows + R to get the run prompt.
type "msconfig" and press enter
Go to the Startup tab
Here, trying unchecking everything except programs like antivirus or things you truly want starting with the computer.
Next, on the Services tab, check the "Hide all Microsoft Service" button and then uncheck any service that is associated with items from the "Startup" tab. This isn't always necessary, but good measure and sometimes bloatware will put startup tasks in here or the Task Scheduler. I would avoid unchecking any service that is an intel/amd storage or security based service. Things like "Bonjour" (if you have iTunes but don't use your iPhone on your computer all the time) can be shut off. If you have questions about services or startup items, or how to check the Task scheduler, just post back :)

Back
Top Bottom