In the market for a new or another graphics card

Half Evil

Golden Master
Currently have a XFX Radeon Hd 5750 card. It has always worked great but I dont do alot of gaming.

My biggest gripe was that I cant use the output on my two monitors and then use the HDMI out on the TV but I cant do that.

I recently got Fable III and just installed it to play and it plays a little slow on VERY HIGH detail. Since I want to be able to run my TV as a 3rd monitor I am not sure what I want to do.

Should I find a graphics card that I can run this game on good enough and use 3 outputs at the same time on the back or should I get a second, better card to run the computers monitors on and keep this one just for the TV output?

Board is a Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3

Got a couple other questions for you. What are the connections on the other two monitors? I am assuming your TV you want to run at 1080p? Do you want to run your TV at the same time as your running your two other monitors?

Running the two Samsungs at 1080 via DVI and yes I want to also run the TV at 1080 via HDMI all at the same time.

Okay so if you want to run all of them at the same time then you are probably going to want to just upgrade your graphics card because you have 2 monitors that are DVI something like the Geforce GTX 560 Ti should give you plenty of what you looking for. You shouldn't need anything more powerful than that to play Fable III. I have one and am able to play Battlefield 3 on Max settings with it. If you still have issues, then your graphics card is not the choke point.

And that will run 3 monitors at the same time? My card has 3 outputs on the back. Im not using a DVI to HDMI converter to hook it up to the TV. I have two DVI outputs and an HDMI output on it , 3 full outputs but I cant use all 3 at the same time..............

The rest of the computer is

AMD Phonom II x4 695
6GB of DDR3
1) 500GB main drive, 1) 1TB Storage drive

you're one hell of a multi tasker, do you want a toaster aswell in the computer? playing games and watching tv lol arriz, long time no see, hows things :)

i think you are gonna have trouble running 3 monitors on a Gforce card.
using both Dual Link DVI ports will disable the HDMI. Using 1 DVI and 1 HDMI will disable the last DVI port. HDMI is running on the same output as DVI just with added sound. (i think you can also add sound to DVI, but i am not sure) you will have to use the display port and then convert it to HDMI or something for making 1 graphic card run 3 separate monitor.

So I really have no choice but to get another better card.

So I guess my next question is do I have to get the same card to crossfire or can I run a better ATI card?

As long as you're just using it for Windows apps, no, you could mix and match cards if you wanted. Two cards in SLI or CrossFire can actually disable auxiliary monitors if they're 3D Apps.

Back
Top Bottom