In the market for a dehumidifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ste

Do not Stare at my Avatar
I am in the market for a dehumidifier, for my room. I would like to spend between 150 to 225. I can order off any website.

Now I really don't know what to look for... It would be nice if it also was an Air cleaner or an Air cooler.
As for the size of my room its about 100 Square feet. ( 10 by 10 )

So any suggestions, I have no experience in this area so suggestions are welcome..

You can get these from most hardware stores such as Home Depot or Lowes, and you probably won't need a very big one (as in capacity) since the room isn't very large. I have one in my basement and it seems to warm up the room a little, so don't expect it to cool. Just remember to clean the dust from the filter. I forgot to do this and the fan motor burned out.

I used to have one in my room but never liked it, it actually heated my room up more and the summertime is when you use them. I prefer a window air conditioner, this will dehumidify and cool the room.

I can't get very specific on name brands but a buddy of mine had one and it actually smelt funny. the smell of "clean" air has a very unique smell, almost that of a vacuum cleaner.

On a good note he didnt get sick as much. And you probably no it wont affect temperature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom