In Search of an Android Phone Email Client

DomDee

Beta member
In Search of an Android Phone Email Client*...
which allows me to see the entire (gmail) email label/folder pathname when scrolling through a list of folders specifically, for example, when moving an email from its inbox to a label/folder of my choice.

Yes! Indeed! My labels are very long - both in name length and in the number of sublevel labels/folders.

The standard Google gmail Android phone app will show a truncated view (typically with the ellipsis indicating what is being shown is not the complete pathname) of the label/folder pathname to the point where the app will display several label pathnames that would appear to have the same label name, when in fact they don't.

Last I was using the android phone app k-9 Mail which I luckily found on Google Play. It worked great but the developers recently made major changes to the app such that now it no longer shows the full label pathname just as I've explained above with the standard Google email Android phone app issue.

Of course, for one, I could randomly try a bunch of Android email phone apps (from Google Play) but I've decided to first ask the good folks here on this forum for app suggestions*. I'm sure I could track down and install the older but working k-9 Mail android phone app version but that's not a good idea because of at least in terms of lack of security updates particularly if and when the old app has reached or does reach it's EOL.

Im sure you'll want or would like more clarification, so just ask. Please see the *Note below.

Thanks in advance.

Dom.

*Note: If you are running an Android email phone app, I'd like for you to run a test on your Android phone to see if your installed app displays full label/folder pathnames particularly when 'moving' an email from say your inbox to a label of your choice: 1) create a label/folder directory path, something like: Automobiles/United_States/General_Motors/Cadillac/Escalade/Model/ESV/Vehicle_Identification_Number/VIN_QW456GF9/Documentation (some android phones will not let you create a new label/folder; I've had to install the android phone app 'eLabels' to create such new labels/folders), 2) create and send a test email to yourself with at least a subject of something similar to the label path you've just created such as "Cadillac Escalade ESV VIN_QW456GF9", 3) now find that email you've just sent to yourself and 'move' it to that new directory you've just created. When you moved it, did you see the entire label/folder pathname? If so, what Android email phone app are you using? If not, why could you not see the full pathname and what exactly did you see (or not see)?

Start by organizing your email inbox and making labels normal.
Usually is normal, if the name contains 3-12 letters or/and numbers and nothing more. Rarely till 20.
Once this is done, only then can something be said further.
And don't forget, that is, a label is a label, not a novel or a fairy story.
Label must be short and understandable from one sight on it.

Start by organizing your email inbox and making labels normal.
Usually is normal, if the name contains 3-12 letters or/and numbers and nothing more. Rarely till 20.
Once this is done, only then can something be said further.
And don't forget, that is, a label is a label, not a novel or a fairy story.
Label must be short and understandable from one sight on it.
@kalju: Let me put this as politely as I can: Refrain from engaging with me in any manner, shape, or form.

@Everyone Else: I welcome and await your respectful suggestions, findings, etc. Dom.

There are many phone e-mail clients that can be alternatives to Gmail. I've personally been using Cleanfox for a couple of months because they have an easy app to manage the inbox. The greatest advantage is that you shouldn't pay for it, it's for free. However, some people also suggested trying Nine and NewtonMail apps. But in their case, you need to pay to get a premium account with all the features. But sometimes there's a need to implement smth progressive to increase the feedback with clients. We've recently discovered a business messaging platform that can work via a landline phone. Honestly, we didn't expect that this type of messaging would be so beneficial for us. We managed to sort our e-mail inbox by relocating some of our conversation on this platform.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom