In need of some help

skyhigh350

Beta member
hey guys, i'm new to te pc thing. I have a dell inspiron 2500. windows xp, and it has wireless internet with a d link card. (dwl-g630)
I have been getting blue screens saying bad_pool_data. Dump_of_physical_memory.. and more

One error code was 0x0000008e there are also more.

Aol instant messenger shows an error code of error 7, code 3... sometimes..

At some times the pc is fast, other times it is real slow.. Is this a ram issue? My top pcmi slot doesnt work, my bottom does but if the card is moved around.. it sometimes freezes the pc till i move it again. I have reinstalled windows, got a new hard drive, and am lost.. I got an updated driver for the dlink card. It was supposed to fix my blue scrren issue and it did fix some of them, now the action lcd flashes correctly, but sometimes on start up it doesnt recognize the card. And when i pull it out it beeps. I tried another (same but another) dlink card, and it is still the same. I did the xp service pack 2, i use mozilla firefox and have microsoft's spyware/virus protection etc....

This has been a real problem, and it is my pc for college.. If anyone can help i would appeciate it..

thanks in advance

rob

Ok, some more info. When i am on the pc it will randomly blue screen. One stays and the other one dissapears before my eyes.. however i managed to read STOP 0x0000004E PFN_LIST_CORRUPT...

I looked it up and it says ram may be bad.. Do I need to give yall more info? I'm lost.. Thanks

rob

I reinstalled windows 3x. Installed microsoft antivirus etc.. actually the college did. They get it working.. it works for two days and then it blue sceens more and more till it finnally wont even load windows....

I got a few more codes tonight..

0x0000004e pfn_list_currupt

a code that went to a haxdoor virus (on microsofts search)

I am hoping this is all due to my RAM.. I know how to replace them, but i am hoping that it is not the haxdoor virus or anything... I replaced hard drives so i beleive that the virus would be on that not the new one.. ?

thanks

rob

Try running memtest86 on the machine. Simple, small program that's free you can burn to cd and test with. That program will tell you if the memory is bad or not. Also, I noticed you said one of your PCMCIA slots do not work. How did that happen? Did it just go out or what? That could be an issue, being something with the mainboard. The next thing you can try is going to start>run and type "sfc /scannow" without quotes. Make sure you have your Windows installation disc before you do this, as the computer will ask for it. Also, try safe mode. Reboot and continuously tap F8 while it's booting up, and choose safe mode with networking. See if you get any blue screens there. If you do, the issue is most likely a hardware issue. If not, then it's most likely a software issue, which will result in a repair or reinstallation of XP, as previously suggested. If you want the shortcut, just reformat and reinstall- hope you've backed up your data- good luck..

Back
Top Bottom