In a bit of a pickle with deciphering...

zaka100

W͂Oͨ̍̍̒̈́͛̕
So, I was just doing this online quiz about cyber security and all was going fine until the last question: These two numbers: 0xB105F00D and 0x4BCB0EE0 can be used to generate a secret key starting with '0x', what is it? I tried adding, subtracting, reversing, swapping binary 0s with 1s and many combinations of these but still I didn't get anything that even looked correct. Is there anything I am missing out? Seriously, this forum is my last resort and I literally tried everything I can think of.

Btw, this aint homework or anything like that, I'm just doing it in my spare time.

Nah, its not. I'm just totally baffled by this question. Its actually from a government scheme called 'cyberdiscovery' and is this question is aimed at under 18s which is kinda crazy

I have a hunch they've designed the question to be overthought. I think the answer is electricity, bits, bytes, or something fundamental like that. Those things are FOOD for the B10S lol

To point you in the right direction, you have to find a way to combine them so that the last 4 digits read "FEED".
Hint: you'll also need to convert it to binary first:

1011 0001 0000 0101 1111 0000 0000 1101
0100 1011 1100 1011 0000 1110 1110 0000

Last edited:
*except that one :p lucky coincidence with the word that it works with addition, the first part doesn't though.
If you wanna know though

Wow, damn how did u think of that lol, I know I would have never. Yeah, I did get to the conclusion that the second half of the code was 'FEED' but I had no idea what the first half was. At some point, I was even assuming that the hex number would translate to something in ASCII but it didn't

Back
Top Bottom