Improving System Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

)W!LL!AM-CR0WN(

Solid State Member
Hey guys, I am a gamer and I just got a paycheck from my previous employer that I did not even know about. The money is burning a hole in my pocket and I want to know what I should do with it.
I want to upgrade my system a little bit if it's possible but I only want to spend up to $200 of the check. Here are my system stats:

AMD X2 4200 cpu
ATI X1900 XT gpu
2GB PC3200 ram
470W Thermaltake psu
ASUS A8N MVP mobo
250GB SEAGATE harddrive 7200rpm
X Cruiser Case
Windows Media Edition
NEC 90GX2 monitor
MX518 Gaming mouse

Please give me some ideas that might improve my system if it is even possible for $200
THANKS!!

Oh.. I just had a thought of a raptor harddrive addition, would that be a good idea? If so how much would it speed things up?

Well, IMO I would get a New Power supply, If you reall want to burn cash then this Power supply won't let you down.
Power supply

Or Like Microsoft Boy said get a raptor, You can then Reformat your Seagate Drive and use it as Storage. Keeping only your OS and Pagefile on the Raptor for a huge boost in preformence.

IMO, I would go with the Power supply, Only because I hate TT with a passion.

get a conroe prehaps ... but probably will be worse than your cpu at the moment.

Dont get an OCZ Powerstream..... Go bigger... OCZ Gamexstream either 600W or 700W. The 600W is $110 on zipzoomfly and $120 on newegg. I have one and let me tell you.... its a powerful beast..... its also got a blue LED fan ;). 4 +12V rails.....

Or maybe get another moniter if its in your budget and run dual-moniters..... but i'd go for the PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom