imhome button

kochsydn

Beta member
Greetings,
I am absolutely no experience with building gadgets and programming but I have a project that I need done. I need to make an imhome button as you can see in the link below. I have a mother that is worried about me moving to a big city and she wants to know that I get home safely every night. I've looked into several apps but all of them keep my GPS running all day and it drains my battery. I just need an easy button that I can send a message to my mom via the building wifi. If you have any ideas let me know. I'm so lost when it comes to this... :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIAXx83ogyw

Can't you do this with the lost my iphone app? As long as the phone has cellular signal a user from a PC can log in and ping the device, enable GPS and even send it messages.

It's free with iPhones, the app is free with Android as well but i think you have to pay for specific features.

Text her?

You don't have to have GPS enabled for location services, can you just ask you phone to send your mum a text when you're in the vicinity of the house? This doesn't guarantee for your mum that you actually got in the house though.

If you need something to search in google, try searching for "elderly people tracking systems," there's a lot of information there!

^ Branching off of that, if your phone has NFC, you can program your own NFC tag(s), and program it to send a text when you touch your phone to that specific tag.

Back
Top Bottom