Imaging a Hardrive

DJ-CHRIS said:
However motherboard, video card and network card have to be the same.

Actually thats not correct you can get away just fine with a different NIC and Videocard. *unless these are integrated*

Its just like powering down your system and swaping the graphics card, then booting it up. (all you need to do is install the correct driver and your good to go)

Its the motherboard that will give you the Biggest problem, but you can still accomplish it, with a windows Repair.

LambOfGod said:
Actually thats not correct you can get away just fine with a different NIC and Videocard. *unless these are integrated*

Its just like powering down your system and swaping the graphics card, then booting it up. (all you need to do is install the correct driver and your good to go)

Its the motherboard that will give you the Biggest problem, but you can still accomplish it, with a windows Repair.
and in most cases windows xp has a bsic driver for most of theese

Steff said:
We use ghost to image our Del computers all the time and it works fine!

Will I only need the one Ghost program and install it on the first machine and burn the image and then boot up form the CD.... Or do I need a norton Ghost on every machine???????

chrislynch said:
Will I only need the one Ghost program and install it on the first machine and burn the image and then boot up form the CD.... Or do I need a norton Ghost on every machine???????

You only need Norton Ghost on the machine you create the image with..............
The rest just boot from the CD and restore the drive to the image.

LambOfGod said:

I have seen windows totally freak out about both NIC and Videocard before

DJ-CHRIS said:
I have seen windows totally freak out about both NIC and Videocard before

Sure you could have, but there can always be compaibility problems you can run into.

Not everything works perfect..

But i have done imaging on systems with different video cards/ Nics, with excellent results.

Back
Top Bottom