im tired of bad delivery service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pizza joints around my way are pretty good. I don't like ordering over the phone, tho. Online ordering is usually much more reliable. Or for the local Pizza Man I just drive there to make sure it's right because they take an hour+ for a delivery but only like 15 mins to actually make a pizza.

The fast food joints are usually fine if you order staight from the menu here but you can run into problems if you want something added or taken off and the $6/hr wage monkeys don't care and are generally pretty rude about fixing anything like that.

One good example of how to ensure proper service is the sandwhich chain Jimmy Johns. They used to be awful when they paid the same $6-7 an hour wage as everyone else and their employees were crap. Stuff was made wrong, took forever, delivery was terrible, etc. But at a certain point they bumped the pay scale up to $9.25 starting for just making sandwiches! Sounds like a lot but service is incredibly good and fast now, prices didn't go up either! If you pay with a credit/debit card your order is done by the time they've swiped it and handed it back.

If you pay a little more and are therefore more discerning in your hiring practices, you WILL attract a better class of employee. Better customer service ALWAYS equals more sales and thus more profit from what I've seen.

problem is crysalis im very certain my order was correct and that i did not maka a mistake ordering i asked if there canadian was some how diferent from otehr places i was told no it has peperoni bacon and mushrooms, i said well my pizza had green peppers, pine aple, and green olives and peperoni. there is no way i orderd that as i am deadly alergic to pine aple, and green peppers give em a rash, so no way did i order poizen by mistake. actually my step mom used to be the manager of that restauran a few years back.

The fast food joints are usually fine if you order staight from the menu here but you can run into problems if you want something added or taken off and the $6/hr wage monkeys don't care and are generally pretty rude about fixing anything like that.

One good example of how to ensure proper service is the sandwhich chain Jimmy Johns. They used to be awful when they paid the same $6-7 an hour wage as everyone else and their employees were crap. Stuff was made wrong, took forever, delivery was terrible, etc. But at a certain point they bumped the pay scale up to $9.25 starting for just making sandwiches! Sounds like a lot but service is incredibly good and fast now, prices didn't go up either! If you pay with a credit/debit card your order is done by the time they've swiped it and handed it back.

If you pay a little more and are therefore more discerning in your hiring practices, you WILL attract a better class of employee. Better customer service ALWAYS equals more sales and thus more profit from what I've seen.

Im always saying this.

I may not know a lot about business, but if it were me i sure would want to work well getting paid $9 over $6.

if your getting paid teh same as everywhere else you ont give 2 cents about your job as you can go get another with the exact same wage. if your getting payed more you wont want to quit as your making more money and you cant just go get another job that pays that amount.

Yeha back when I was 16 I worked my arse off for my $9.xx selling computers because my last job as only $6 flipping burgers. No way was I going back to that and no way was I going to disappoint the good people who took a chance on me, either, and were paying me that level of money (big for the time anyway). Plus I was a LOT happier going to work knowing I was earning a decent amount and my performance was very high because of that motivation. Good wages = good workers. Plain and simple.

If this is an isolated incident, just brush it off and hope it's right the next time. Let the management know what happened and they will usually give you some free coupons or something. Definitely go to their website if they have one and post a complaint. If this happens frequently or more than 10% of the time, order from another place. I give places three strikes, then no more of my money for them period. And Jesus man, use spellcheck.

Good wages = good workers. Plain and simple.
It should be the other way around. Good work=good wages. How many times have you heard someone say "I'll do more when they pay me more". How about EARNING more by showing them you can and will DO more.

Because that's not always the case. maybe in a perfect world but most managers and companies are willing to happily take advantage of cheap labor rather than reward the good employees. I've seen it often...many companies just don't reward the hard work the way they should.

Not that I think the "I do more when they pay me more" is a valid argument either. That just shows the other end of the spectrum. There will always be those who slack off no matter what they get paid but those few are definitely in the minority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom