I'm Thinking of getting This Prebuilt

Computer Head

Fully Optimized
So I have been looking around at electronics websites trying to find a decent computer and deciding if I can find a prebuilt that is a better deal than building one of my own. I am on a budget, but at Circuit City, I found this prebuilt. It's new so I am having trouble finding reviews on it. It has a AMD Phenom 9550 X4 quad-core, 6GB of RAM, and a 500 GB hard drive for $699. What do you all think?

neh...
dont really like how it has 6GB.
I dont think the PSU in there is that high, but its an alright PSU that will last you years.
You wont have an graphics card in there either, and might need a new PSU when if you want to upgrade a graphics card unless you get one of those energy efficient/cheap graphics cars that doesnt really need that much power, which i think the 2600 you posted on your other thread should work.
and do you really need an Quad for normal web browsing and business?

and do you really need an Quad for normal web browsing and business?

To answer your question, I think that it is worth it to have a quad core for expandability purposes. I am not one to buy a computer and get something else six months down the road. This computer would last me at least a couple of years. I want something that will perform well down the road. I am expecting to get Windows 7 through my Microsoft Partner program, and I just want something that won't slow down. I will look over my parts list and see what I can do. Right now I am looking at around 575 with a C2D.

It's not a great deal, you can do better yourself. And eww shared video.

Right now I am working on my parts list to see what I can do to get a better machine. Right now, I am looking at a C2Q, 4GB of RAM, a WD 640GB hard drive, and an ATI Radeon 2600XT. Looking at around $650.

one good thing about building your own is if something goes wrong, you can always go return the part.
and your warranties wont be voided because you wouldnt have to rip the sticker to open the case.

Yeah, and I have a habit of formatting a prebuilt computer upon arrival which also voids the warranty. So that $650 figure includes shipping for everything, so I will probably get some money and try to get those parts.

thats cool.
Maybe get an Xigmatek HSF with the Retention Bracket for more security between the CPU and HSF.
Unless you want to stick with the regular Push Pins.

Back
Top Bottom