I'm stumped....

papethova

Baseband Member
I built this computer last year and it has worked flawlessly all these months but now I'm having a problem.

Whenever I enter a yahoo chat room the pc restarts itself. The computer works fine as long as I dont enter a yahoo chat room, I can enter AIM chat rooms but as soon as I enter a yahoo chat room my screen goes black and the pc restarts. Previously I was able to enter the yahoo chat rooms but since yesterday I have had this problem.

Ad-aware scans and NAV scans come up clean.

Any ideas??

I dont need to access these rooms, but I'd like to resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance

~mr mixx~

The Candyman
well assuming you have windows xp, you can do this simple little thing to resolve a restart issue. try this, click start / rightclick my computer/ click the advanced tab / go to where it say's startup and recovery / click settings box / now look for where it say's automatically restart / and un-check that / hit apply.

papethova

Baseband Member
That solves the automatic restarting issue but now I just get a blue screen with a fatal error type message which means I have to manually restart. LOL

I have tried a restore point and that didn't resolve my issue either.

Bloodstalker999

In Runtime
I would try to clear all temp internet files and cookies, See if that helps... What is the code of the Fatal error that you get?

~mr mixx~

The Candyman
can you boot up to safe mode using f8 ? yeah the name of the fatal error would help.