Im starting my own business

sean82007

Baseband Member
I am going to start my own business and I am going to fix peoples computers around town in my community. I am going to send out flyers and I am going to create my own site for it. But I need a good color scheme for the people to like it.

Pink?

Lol I'm thinking about doing the same thing but I don't think I can be bothered with the law suits from PC World for an unregistered business. Are you registering your business?

you don't have to register a business. there are many different types of business.

I'm currently thinking of doing the same thing, me and a couple of mates are in the process of drawing up business plans in order to get a loan to buy a computer shop.

So if I were to set up a website and simply have computers dropped off at my house, fix them, and have them picked up, that would be all legal?

yes of course it would be legal,
Although you may have to check with the local council that it is fine to use your house as an active place of business. I know it it OK to run a business from home, but I'm not sure if it's OK to open up shop in the middle of an estate or whatever.
When fixing other peoples computers you might want to consider some kind of public liability nisurance.
Also know that if you aer setting up as a sole trader, or a simple partnership then you'll be liable for all business debts should the worst happen.

How much would the public liability insurance cost roughly.. (per year?) and what does it cover? And yes you have to apply to the council for a business running in a residential area.

I'm guessing you guys are from Britain? I just started a business and am a Sole Proprietor. In Texas and many states it is a simple matter to go into business for yourself. I am a PC Component Reseller and am thinking to get into System building.

Back
Top Bottom