Im so sad and im about to cry

Still makes no sense... It's fool proof.... You open the level, pull the plate back, install the cover/cpu, place back down, and secure the lever... :-\ At least, with one of the intel boards I played with... xD

That one, you just snap the cover on... Not sure how someone could actually mess that up...

Last edited:
i put the cover on the way you said but it didn't work and caused cpu pins to be bent..

I Did nothing wrong tho PP i put it on the right way its just the cpu cover didn't do its job..

Um, if you put the cover on correctly the pins wouldn't have bent. Even with the cover on properly, if pressure is applied to the area the pins can still be bent. That cover is only there to keep dust and particles out of the socket. Not protect against bent pins. If the board has other problems they should still RMA it.

I Did nothing wrong tho PP i put it on the right way its just the cpu cover didn't do its job..

You did it wrong, that's why the pins are bent. but you aren't the only one. It happened to me also back with my first motherboard. It was months after I first installed the CPU, and you just forget which order the cover goes on. All I can say is to hope for the best.

Still makes no sense... It's fool proof.... You open the level, pull the plate back, install the cover/cpu, place back down, and secure the lever... :-\ At least, with one of the intel boards I played with... xD

That one, you just snap the cover on... Not sure how someone could actually mess that up...

you were right about the CPU part, but with the socket cover, you place it over the socket bracket.

so it goes like this;
installing CPU - take off socket cover, pull back lever, place CPU in socket, push lever back down.

uninstalling CPU - pull back lever, remove CPU, push lever back down, put socket cover over the bracket/socket.

From what I can tell, Taylor placed the socket cover the same way he installed the CPU, that's why the pins are bent.

Back
Top Bottom