I'm screwed... :fyi:

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ That's kind of what I meant by it, the people who got laid off their other jobs have no choice but to go to for jobs they are over qualified for. It's obvious that there are more people than jobs, that's why there is 10% of the country unemployed...companies can't afford to keep as many positions for people to work.

Thank you all! Figured I'd post a little update. So far, I've applied for a few temp jobs, but no luck just yet. (Only been a couple days anyway) My girl had an interview today, and she would have got the job right then and there, but there's a few details the people weren't too fond of. We live over 50 miles from their nearest open position, and they're afraid she wouldn't keep driving that much everyday. Which, I wouldn't be too pleased with it, but we've discussed moving to that city. Tomorrow, I'm spending all day running around town looking for WOV accounts, and my boss said he'd give me 25% of every account I get within the next month. So, if I can get a verified 1000 barrels (barrels = 55gal drums), I could get in upwards of $9,000 direct into my bank account. :big_grin: This is a huge number to be thinking I could get, but most places are paying to get rid of the WVO, or paying rental fees for waste tubs. We pay them for the WVO, and charge no rental fees. So, it's very possible for me to grab this amount. Our closes competition that actually pays, only pays $10, and we pay $12/barrel. So there's some good coming in right now, just need to get out and do some good talkin' to business owners/managers.

Good to hear that you are being optimistic, I think that is definitely the key roll when your in such a situation...hats off to ya and good luck man!

My girlfriend took that time to check the studio's email. The email was pretty much saying, "Thanks for all the free work for the past 3 weeks, now get out, and get lost." She had a $2000 paycheck coming this week with her gain share in it.
Pretty sure that's illegal...

she needs to file for unemployment. When was the last time she had a performance interview? she needs to figure out as much dirt as she can when she makes her case for unemployment.

95BlackGA, I am pretty much in the same boat too as of this week. My position at my work had been made redundant as my work wanted to focus more on box shifting as appose to service.
Managed to score an interview tomorrow. See what happens.

Little word of advice. Wake up 1 or 2 hours early for those job search sites. I have been doing that for the last few days, and all ready I had 2 phone calls with 1 confirming an interview. Before that, I used to be week or so before i get a call back. Unless it's a government job, most private businesses do not have all week to wait for all the interested applicants to send the resume in. They will just take first 5 resumes that suit the position and leave the rest.

Anysways, I do wish you luck.

95BlackGA, I am pretty much in the same boat too as of this week. My position at my work had been made redundant as my work wanted to focus more on box shifting as appose to service.
Managed to score an interview tomorrow. See what happens.

Little word of advice. Wake up 1 or 2 hours early for those job search sites. I have been doing that for the last few days, and all ready I had 2 phone calls with 1 confirming an interview. Before that, I used to be week or so before i get a call back. Unless it's a government job, most private businesses do not have all week to wait for all the interested applicants to send the resume in. They will just take first 5 resumes that suit the position and leave the rest.

Anysways, I do wish you luck.

Thanks KC! Saw that you were in the same situation and hope you the best!

A little update : My girl got the job, it's not quite as much as she was making, but now that my daughter is older, we can put her in childcare, and I can finish my MECP certification, and go to a local car audio shop that's hiring for an installer. We'll be moving, not sure when, and not sure where, but I don't want her to have to drive 1 1/2 hours each way. We looked at houses today, and found the areas we DON'T want to live in. :p

A little update : My girl got the job, it's not quite as much as she was making, but now that my daughter is older, we can put her in childcare, and I can finish my MECP certification, and go to a local car audio shop that's hiring for an installer. We'll be moving, not sure when, and not sure where, but I don't want her to have to drive 1 1/2 hours each way. We looked at houses today, and found the areas we DON'T want to live in. :p

Very good to hear man! With her job and you finishing your cert, you will get by just fine. Keep a good atmosphere around her and the kid. Be very glad that everyone is safe and healthy. This is the time where you need to show that you can be the foundation to keeping her sane when things get rough. Work hard, get that cert and provide for your family until the economy picks back up. Good luck! :big_smile:

Good to hear. I am glad things are working out for you too.

I know that feeling about finding places that you DON'T want to live in. My first appartment was just down the road from the local methode clinic. After finding that little bit of information out, I could not move out fast enough.

Good to hear. I am glad things are working out for you too.

I know that feeling about finding places that you DON'T want to live in. My first appartment was just down the road from the local methode clinic. After finding that little bit of information out, I could not move out fast enough.

That's how I felt when I first moved to this city. I moved too quick, due to my house flooding, and I moved into the worst part of the neighborhood. Within the first week, we had a group of like 7-8 people fighting on our lawn, and saying they were going to kill each other, and shoot each other...

I've gotten a few interviews already, and it seems I may become a gas station cashier... Not the job I want, but none of the jobs I applied for are exactly what I am wanting to do, but can't sit around waitin' for something I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom