I'm realizing something

lhuser

Golden Master
OK, you all know my CPU is wicked...A Pro 2700+ @ 1333MHZ

Well, the FSB on it says it is at 133MHZ, but on the mobo's box and all that, it says FSb 333MHZ...How come? On the site, it says that my Athlon is a 2700+ @ 1333MHZ and FSB 133MHZ...now, how could a Duron 3100+ could be at 1666MHZ and have a FSB of 166MHZ?

I don't realy understand that

The motherboard can run at max 333mhz on the front side buss. But the cpu chip is just running at 133mhz.
It's like my MSI mobo can top out at 800mhz on the fsb but the cpu chip is only running at 533mhz on the fsb. The actual speed of the fsb is governed by the speed the cpu fsb is set at. You want to run the fsb at 333mhz then you'll have to replace the cpu chip.
I keep telling you guys to do your homework before you buy something. Now you have a slow cpu compared to a relatively faster motherboard.

setishock said:
The motherboard can run at max 333mhz on the front side buss. But the cpu chip is just running at 133mhz.
It's like my MSI mobo can top out at 800mhz on the fsb but the cpu chip is only running at 533mhz on the fsb. The actual speed of the fsb is governed by the speed the cpu fsb is set at. You want to run the fsb at 333mhz then you'll have to replace the cpu chip.
I keep telling you guys to do your homework before you buy something. Now you have a slow cpu compared to a relatively faster motherboard.

Easier said than done. When I bought the mobo, the CPU was intergrated and with that little knowledge I had past then, I said OK...seems good

Back
Top Bottom