I'm mad, do you think i'm wrong and I have no reason to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoad

Daemon Poster
Alright, yes as the subject says, i'm pretty mad at the forums at the moment, or maybe just disappointed.. Dunno... I just felt like sharing it, not like im gonna leave here cause in bottom line I do like it here at most time

So why am I [SNIPPED - Profanity filter bypassed]/disappointed?

Because I sit daily, hours over hours sometimes responding to the members in need here trying to help as much as I can, of course I do not expect any reward of any sort or recognition, that is what this whole forum about and one should not get any special credit..

HOWEVER, Today I asked for some help for I think one of the very first times [I only ask for help rarley, I usualy just post to help others], and it was really urgent because I needed some advice in an area which I have no knowledge in [Water cooling in this case], since my uncle is leaving [actualy already left] my country to thailand for a while and he wanted to get me one for my birthday, and he asked me what model so I figured i'll ask here for help...
So I did, and except nitestick which I had personaly asked to see my post and suggest me an offer [which he did!!! I Apperciate him for doing it aswell!!!] NONE of the members that surfs the forums even botherd to jump by and throw an opinion or advice of any sort.. NO ONE!

So to summarise it, im generaly ****** because no body botherd to help me when I needed it.... and my uncle is already out of country so the chances i'll catch him to pass him some more models are very slim now [I only found two eventualy]

So do you think I am being mad for stupid reason? Perhaps... I just felt like sharing it because it frustrated me.

-Jo.

Lol, Yoad is my first [full] name, its not a nickname.

Where did that Hoad's post disappear to? Never mind, it is directed to him anyway.

You shouldnt be ****ed, maybe the members that were browsing didnt know anything about water cooling. Would you rather have a 30 second response time and have the worst suggestion in the world or no response? Water cooling is a rather large step to take. Not only price, some dont want to risk water running through their system. If were a simple question, I am sure you would have received a quick response. I think water cooling is a subject that not a lot know about. I know that I dont know anything about it.

happens in every forum all the time. Its happend to me in other palces that I went foreore I got her eand its already happened to me here, a few times.. it comes with the territory..

If someone knows anythign about your topic theyll respond..

and finally depending on when you posted the topic, there might not be that much time.. people are here from all different time zones... your time is about 8 hours off from my time (I think, all I remember is that flights from NY to Tel Aviv are long as **** and even worse coming back :p )

so Im sure someone will get around to it.. there are more important things to be upset about.

Replying Tox1cThreat, I guess so, it just frustrated me that my uncle has left the country already and the chances i'll get to talk to him before he comes back are slim to none.

and i gave it way more than 12 hours and bumped it three times because it was downed to the bottom of the page with barley any views.

I know its a probably a stupid reason but it just made me mad cause im not one of those people who comes by here, asks a question and then when they came on their satisfaction they'r gone after posting 3-4 times, i'm here for a while now and I do help others... so you'd expect that when you need help urgently [cause I only had like 10-12 hours to give him a list of models] someone would bother to help ya out.

BTW, 60%+ of the 'views' on the topic I speak about [Around 95 views now] are probably mine cause I refreshed a lot to see if there is any new responds at all.. and 30% more is probably nitestick's views... you get my point, lol.
-Jo

believe me I sympathize with you.. like I said its happend to me a bunch of times.. and its frusterating as ****.

Is there a electronics store anywhere near you that has someone you might be able to get information out of? A tech at a Hebrew U or somethign like that?

First of all, no one is required to help anyone or do anything for anyone. So being mad about no one "jumping in your thread" to help you out is silly.

On the other hand being, "Disappointed" is ok. See... the thing is about this forum... It's honestly not like it used to be. There are still a few members here that really strive to help others out, with there wealth of knowledge. "NITESTICK" is certain one of those members.
I give him a lot of credit for this knowledge, points of view and his delivery of those ideas and points of view. He's always willing to help.

Personally, I stay out of most of the "HELP" threads now. I used to help people, but I found that the majority of this forum is far too immature. Most of the time i'd end up arguing with kids that think they know everything and are telling me that i'm wrong.

Plus, I only respond to things that I know about... Watercooling, certainly isn't one of them. (One person that can certainly help you with water cooling would be "NUBIUS". But, i'm sure if he hasn't helped already, he would give you advice.)

wut up yoad

one of the few times ill share my opinion cuz i rarly share my opinions and ill tell you why. i read your post about water cooling and thailand. ive had a few water cooling systems, set them up and installed them, kits and ones peice by peice.

ive helped a few ppl on the forums i hope, with actual fact. they wanna know how to open up services, you go step by step to do that and always turns out the same its a fact. but when you ask for an opinion on water cooling, or ppl post what video card should i buy, i just dont get it. i say ati he says nvidia another says joe shamo. if i put a post down to get swift teck and another person put to get koolance.

now youve seen each around of those brands because your looking for a kit and now ppl just gave you 5 options that you already knew about and they all say its the best. so your still back were you started. i mean a 100 dollar kit can out do an 500 dollar kit and vice versa.

water cooling is also one of those tricky things that most ppl dont do because there is some danger in it to your system so not alot of ppl are going to know about that. theres alot that goes into getting a water cooling system if you want it dont right. id be more then happy to help you if you had specs and what you need it for. but its nothing you just blurb out a part number and go get, youll open the box up and be dumb founded.

but really if i say ATI and you say Nvidia, or i say Koolance water cooling kit and someone say Swift tek or whatever who do you go with??

i just dont see the point of that and please dont take this as an ahole post just being real like you are.

lata yoad, your a good guy dont be ****ed. <-- got my ****** edited lol just so you didnt think i was calling you something else lol.

I can see why you'd be upset. But I think your lack of an immediate answer is a matter of volume, not ignorance. TF is a pretty small community so it can take a while for a topic to snowball into something that really draws in people...Maybe there should be like some standard "urgent" symbol that the thread starter could incorporate into the the title for those really troubling times. Then there'd need to be restrictions, but I digress. It does suck when you need help and your pleas go ignored. JUST DONT RESORT TO CAPS!!!!!! THATS SOOOOOOOOO ANNOYING!!!!!!!
;)

First, everyone take the opportunity to read the thread about profanity and bypassing the filters, which has been done in this thread.

Secondly, expecting an answer within a 12 hour period, as you've found out, does not leave room for others to give much of an answer (especially when that is a specialized question). You probably knew more than 12 hours that you needed an answer, and if you didn't, well, tech answers usually don't come that fast.

Getting answers to "stuff" in this forum get answers way to fast.

Please be considerate of the people that your asking for their expertise; it may take some time for them to answer.

Dave :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom