I'm looking for a New Hobby.

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
Hence the title.

My Computers is pretty much an obsession not a Hobby or luxury so I'm hoping to keep it in the realms of I.T if I can. Hence the Question.

Has any one got any ideas what I can collect if possible within I.T or Tech. I know this might be lame for a lot of people but I have 13 + Computers connected to my network hence the word I used obsession and contently asking Questions about Security ECT:

I wouldn't of thought I'd be able to collect literally a Computer as such or Computers but what about tech. Small items. What do you folks think. I have Money and time. So I want to start at the end of this Month if possible. I'm well excited as long as I can get a certain level of pleasure out of it.

Any one got any ideas.

I'm posting this separate Post to keep it on topic hear in the OT thread mods but wanted to ask a separate Question in line.

Is it possible to collect Technology. I just put that in too Google and it came up with Iron Man. LoL .. What do you think. Hope you don't mind about the separate post with in 24 hours.

I'm slightly confused, are you looking for tech stuff to collect or a hobby centred around technology that you can get into?

I always find photography pretty cool, not too expensive to get into at entry level and pretty rewarding when you finally get some cool pics that you can keep or even frame if you'd like.

It's also nowhere near as complicated as stuff like programming or networking etc, so it won't take you long to learn the basics :D

I'm slightly confused, are you looking for tech stuff to collect or a hobby centred around technology that you can get into?

I always find photography pretty cool, not too expensive to get into at entry level and pretty rewarding when you finally get some cool pics that you can keep or even frame if you'd like.

It's also nowhere near as complicated as stuff like programming or networking etc, so it won't take you long to learn the basics :D

Both. I want my hobby to centre around technology but also collect it. As in technology. I know this is pretty off the wall stuff but I'm thinking small like Gadgets and Gizmo's. I have endless Computers. I just don't really have enough room to display them. So, that's why I'm off in the direction of my Hobby being around technology I can collect and something I can get in too.

In that case, places like Ali Express and Deal Extreme are your friends :p you can buy any little gadget/gizmo you can think of there. Laser pointers, mini spy cameras, rocket pens, have a browse!

Well as we've stated before you can always ditch a lot of what you have to clean up your area and start making real awesome machines. For instance next year I'm putting together a badass rack with new server setups and integrating my best friend's server setup. INstead of many many low end items to tinker with you can do high end stuff. Run Bitcoin mining, a Plex server for TF peeps, folding, or whatever.

I personally have a GPU collection. Just something that grew on me over time as I like to sell off other hardware but keep certain GPUs I've obtained over the past. So far I have each iteration of 3DFX cards besides the Voodoo 5 6000, and almost have a GPU from each generation of Nvidia, including a lot of key ATI cards.

Back
Top Bottom