I'm going for a Tony Stark aesthetic, need help.

Tatune

Solid State Member
I am already planning to use WOL to turn PC on with a "Jarvis you there", but I want to go a step further...

So I want a Mp3 file to play the moment my PC powers on.

I am currently buying al the parts to build this PC. I plan to tap into the 3.3V signal going to some LED's on the power button or something for example. I want that to trigger a play signal for a Mp3 module board hooked up to a USB power supply dedicated for it and wired to a 3w/4ohm speaker inside the case. I can handle all that.

The problem I am running into is this: Most of these boards have two points to solder on to open/close the circuit for play/pause, easy enough! BUT upon a long press it will go into settings/mode or something. And also I'm worried if the contactor stayed closed (since the led would stay on) that the Mp3 would loop. I want neither. So I need to turn a 3.3v signal into a trigger for a Mp3. If there was some sort of momentary contactor that would snap open->close (or visa versa, just swapping states twice) upon receiving power that would be PERFECT. Ideas?

Edited:
Another feasible possibility would be to use a capacitor with a relay. When the cap energizes it'll energize the relay ( a motion sensor can be used to energize the cap) and close the switch and upon de-energizing it'll open it back up, giving that relay a push button action. I don't know what type of cap you can use to do that though......Just knowing that is how caps work, and a N/O - N/C double pole relay. with a 3.3 volt coil, or you may need a transformer to change your voltages.
A circuit board with an IC chip could probably perform that same function
https://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/node/26358

Last edited:
I think i settled on a timed relay with a 5v coil, because I was reading up on my motherboard that the pins SHOULD be giving off 5v, so hoping that that is accurate. I dont like the idea of a motion sensor because the 3.3-5v will always be on as long as my computer is, I dont want the MP3 to play everytime I move. I am also planning to turn my PC on with a WOL signal, so motion detector wouldnt be optimal.

That is why I recommended a N/O N/C relay......to disconnect the motion sensor once it energized so you will not get that on/off action. I did just edit my post for a circuit board with a chip. I'm sure there is a voice activated relay out there somewhere because you see them on Xfinity remotes. Many burglar alarms use an audio detection to activate broken windows.
It would be kinda cool to walk into a room and say "computer on" like they did on Star Trek, and of course a sexy female voice would reply

Last edited:
Im planning on using a phone assistant with a certain audio que hooked up to wolskill, or IFTTT to get a magic package sent via internet to actually boot the computer.
How secure do you think that would be? I mean that using internet for pc access?

How secure do you think that would be? I mean that using internet for pc access?
I haven't heard any issues with security related to WOL...I mean all it does is send a signal to my NIC, i go into the setting for the bios and tell it to lsiten to the NIC, and I go into the NIC and tell it to tell the PC to turn on when receiving that packet...

That doesn't give anything access to anything or unlock it. Just a boot signal.

So I figured this out. Products used linked at the end.

I found a timed relay that gets triggered by anywhere from 3v-30v. Also the Mp3 module would play upon powering up. So, off the PSU of my pc I’ll be using a molex->female usb wire, and then a usb-double tail micro usb. The first micro usb powers the contactor. The second I splice the wire open and grab the +5v wire (red in my case) and interrupt it, running through the N/O side of the contactor. And plug the interrupted 5v micro usb into the mp3 module to power it when the circuit is closed. I then obviously load the mp3 I want to play onto a fat32 formatted sd-card, insert that into the mp3 module and wire in the speakers. I set the timer on the relay to only open for the length that my Mp3 file is.

From there I’m going to tap into the ~3.3v wire that turns on with the LED for the front IO panel power button. That means when the PC turns on, that light turns on immediately, that triggers the relay to close for ‘X’-seconds, that powers up the module to immediately play an Mp3 file, and then turns the mp3 module back off when it’s finished. This relay will only run once per time it receives power, and not loop.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07M9VWL6Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Timed Relay

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DK9SL6C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1
MP# module

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0738NLFTG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Speakers

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K835MNR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1
SD card

Back
Top Bottom