I'm doing some research

Rubber314Chicken

Golden Master
I need to do research for a class. In this class we find a problem and all year we design and test a solution to it. The problem my friend and I decided on was that "People have a hard time waking up in the morning"

Our current proposed solution: it looks like a standard alarm clock, however it is much louder, which you can adjust, and to be able to turn off the alarm you must get out of bed and push 2 of 3 buttons, which are wireless and placed throughout your room. If you push the wrong one then the alarm will get louder. Which ones you push are indicated by flashing LEDs.

What I need is the following answered:
  • Do you have trouble waking up in the morning?:
  • Do you find yourself using the snooze button more than once?
  • Is your alarm clock loud enough?
  • Would you be more interested in a touch screen alarm clock or a more conventional style clock, assuming the touch screen model cost an addition $50?
  • Would you be more interested in an alarm clock that could switch on an outlet when it goes off assuming the addition cost was $10 (think coffee makers, or lights)

Do you have trouble waking up in the morning?:
Yes
Do you find yourself using the snooze button more than once?
Yes (oftentimes for a half hour or so)
Is your alarm clock loud enough?
Yes.
Would you be more interested in a touch screen alarm clock or a more conventional style clock, assuming the touch screen model cost an addition $100?
If I could afford one I would be.
Would you be more interested in an alarm clock that could switch on an outlet when it goes off assuming the addition cost was $20 (think coffee makers, or lights)
Yes

No
No
Yes
No
Yes

I use my phone. It's actually just on vibrate and it's enough to wake me up, haha.
My phone is touch screen, and I use a program called G-Alarm. Before I turned the feature off, it used to display a simple maze. You would have to run your finger along the maze to unlock the screen. Then you could press either snooze or turn off the alarm. Might work for some people to make their brains start operating.

no
no
yes
no
no

And this sounds like something MIT did not too long ago. It was a clock that when the alarm went off it would roll off the table and roll to a new place every time it went off. LOL

Edit***
Link to "Clocky
/Edit***

Our current proposed solution: it looks like a standard alarm clock, however it is much louder, which you can adjust, and to be able to turn off the alarm you must get out of bed and push 2 of 3 buttons, which are wireless and placed throughout your room. If you push the wrong one then the alarm will get louder. Which ones you push are indicated by flashing LEDs.

Something like that first thing in the morning would piss me off and probably put me in a bad mood for the rest of the day...

I think the basic thing to remember is you'll need a clear audible alarm, something you couldn't fall asleep to AND you'll have to have a system whereby the event used to enable an alarm off or snooze function would have to change because once you're used to a system you're going to get into a habit of just doing that trigger each morning in a semi conscious state then climbing back into bed

* Do you have trouble waking up in the morning?:Yes
* Do you find yourself using the snooze button more than once? No
* Is your alarm clock loud enough?Yes
* Would you be more interested in a touch screen alarm clock or a more conventional style clock, assuming the touch screen model cost an addition $100?No way.
* Would you be more interested in an alarm clock that could switch on an outlet when it goes off assuming the addition cost was $20 (think coffee makers, or lights)This I would be interested in, yes.

* Do you have trouble waking up in the morning?:Not anymore, iv gotten used to 2am mornings after 2 years

* Do you find yourself using the snooze button more than once?
nope, i put the alarm clock on the other side of the room so i hafto get up anyways to turn it off

* Is your alarm clock loud enough?
beyond loud

* Would you be more interested in a touch screen alarm clock or a more conventional style clock, assuming the touch screen model cost an addition $100?
ah no, wtf would i spend 100$ on a clock

* Would you be more interested in an alarm clock that could switch on an outlet when it goes off assuming the addition cost was $20 (think coffee makers, or lights)
like a regular alarm clock that had the ability to be used as a timer for I/O features, that would be ok i guess. but if someone is going to hit the snooze alarm there going to turn out the lights to so that would kinda ruin the reasoning behind the whole idea.

* Do you have trouble waking up in the morning?: Sometimes I get up before my alarm goes off and sometimes I reset my alarm.

* Do you find yourself using the snooze button more than once?
Sometimes I do and it's generally later in my work week.

* Is your alarm clock loud enough?
I use my phone and I'm used to the sound

* Would you be more interested in a touch screen alarm clock or a more conventional style clock, assuming the touch screen model cost an addition $100?
I use my iPhone

* Would you be more interested in an alarm clock that could switch on an outlet when it goes off assuming the addition cost was $20 (think coffee makers, or lights)
Nope

to some area of degree, depends largely when I go to sleep not the length of time for the entire sleep session.

Rarely but sometimes when I'm really tired.

Possibly, depends on the features largely but its a clock so I doubt it man lol.

and not sure what you are getting at there man haha.

Back
Top Bottom