Im Confused with our government :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Anyone understand this, our head of tellecommunications in the government for the UK, says theres no reason to install fiber in our country, except... about a year ago, i didnt know this, but in a small village they spent 12 Million Pounds (24 Million USD) Installing fast broadband... when i say fast i mean 2 GB/s... yes 2 Gigabits a Second, thats about alll 37000 pages of the Ecyclopedia of Britannica in less than 7 seconds, or about 1000X faster than the everage internet speed for the UK.

I know this is realllly old, but why did they do this when they dont even see the point in laying down 50MB/s Fiber Line ? *Another Stupid Act by our Government*

there is fibre glass wire to all major towns and cities though so I don't see your point........ also 50mb/sec isn't really needed afterall you don't actually need the net to load that fast my internet atm runs fast enough so that I can play online or click on a page and all the photos are loaded in a second or two.

any major city or any where with a army or RAF base near by will have a fast fibre line close by. But it is depressing that our government is short sighted.

OK, let's not get a government bashing thread started.

I can sympathize about this. It is amazing how many Luddites are in government, no matter where you go. You would think that we need the forward thinkers to lead and govern, but we usually end up with just the opposite.

Or some moron saying the internet is a bunch of tubes...

There was a member of local government (south liverpool ward) what campaigned soaly on providing better access to technology for the public including better internet and streamlining government computer use.

Hmm... so howcome city users still only get about 8MB/s broadband when they 'Should' have fiber ?... and then theres all the sub urban villages which dont get any, and yeh i do need 50mb/s broadband, i download a lot of stuff.

OK, let's not get a government bashing thread started.

I can sympathize about this. It is amazing how many Luddites are in government, no matter where you go. You would think that we need the forward thinkers to lead and govern, but we usually end up with just the opposite.

Or some moron saying the internet is a bunch of tubes...

Someone has to thrash the government into the real world, or stupid government people will continue to advertise Ultra Fast Broadband 'Up to 8MB' which is actuallly Lolable :cool:, they tax us rediculous amounts of money, and spend it alll on filling in the little holes in our pavements that 90 percent of the young and healthy part of the population actually dont give 2 'Blah's' about. So instead of filling our paths woth more tarmac, they could make millions of us happy aand let us download songs illegaly even faster.

One of the reasons we wont see a speed boost for a while is that the government is worried about piracy, but the more technical answer is the tellicoms equipment in the UK is old and the companies know that and they don't wish to put a higher load on the equipment than they already do because they know it will fail.

Currently I am with virgin at the moment and they are good but could be a **** of a lot better. the only way to get a good service is to go with a small local ISP that is what I am going to be doing when I get my own place in around 6 - 9 months time.

Political discussions are not allowed on TF due to the immaturity level of some members. Since people can't stop being stupid, the discussions are not allowed. Same with discussions on religion and sex.

I am closing this thread now before it goes to that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom