I'm at a loss with my computer and I need your help please.

Fully Optimized
I've made several posts about my somewhat recent problems with my computer that began about a month or so ago. So I had been having some problems with my pretty much new computer. I figured that based on my games crashing and windows hanging up, it was the RAM. Sure enough, stick two was having issues after running memtest. So I removed stick two but I still keep having problems with my games crashing. So then I ran memtest again on my first stick of RAM and I got no errors. And now I I have recently been getting Windows 7 notifications telling me that my graphics driver is broken. So I reinstalled it and then today I got the same damn message. And my biggest problem is that my games are still crashing and I can't seem to find any reason why my computer is doing this.

Like Atomic Rooster said - Maybe it's a problem with Windows 7? I've used evaluation copies of 7, and I've never had any problems with it.

If you know anyone with extra RAM that fits into your computer, try popping it in and seeing if that works. If it's not a problem with the OS or the RAM Sticks themselves, then you may have a problem with your motherboard. I have ran into problems with fixing others computers where the RAM slots are damaged. It could also be a bus on the MB...

The simplest thing to do is try other RAM sticks, and if that doesn't do it, try using a different OS (XP, Vista, whatever.) If that doesn't do the trick, then like I said above, it might be a motherboard problem.

Best of luck!

On second thought, I don't know what the hell is going on. If just let the game run, it runs flawlessly but if I click on one ship the entire game crashes. If I click on another, the game stays open. But when the game crashes, I get a mini-dump. I've had this problem before but reinstalling the game fixed it. Reinstalling didn't help this time.

Like Atomic Rooster said - Maybe it's a problem with Windows 7? I've used evaluation copies of 7, and I've never had any problems with it.

If you know anyone with extra RAM that fits into your computer, try popping it in and seeing if that works. If it's not a problem with the OS or the RAM Sticks themselves, then you may have a problem with your motherboard. I have ran into problems with fixing others computers where the RAM slots are damaged. It could also be a bus on the MB...

The simplest thing to do is try other RAM sticks, and if that doesn't do it, try using a different OS (XP, Vista, whatever.) If that doesn't do the trick, then like I said above, it might be a motherboard problem.

Best of luck!

I've tested my RAM sticks. The first is good and the second is bad. But I removed the bad and I'm still having problems. Thanks for the opinion though.

lol. I'm sorry, the beginning of your post made me laugh.

Do you have a legit copy of the game, or is it downloaded? Don't worry - no one is going to come hunt you down if you pirated the game.

If it's a legit game, maybe try getting a new copy? (If you can, of course.)

If it's a pirated version, it could be some syntax errors that just naturally occurred from downloading the file.

That is a very strange problem though. Maybe a little more insight? What game are you playing? And what is this ship supposed to do if you click on it? (If you know, of course.) If clicking on this ship activates maybe some sort of cut scene or something, that will at least help decide what is going on.

Best of luck to you!

lol. I'm sorry, the beginning of your post made me laugh.

Do you have a legit copy of the game, or is it downloaded? Don't worry - no one is going to come hunt you down if you pirated the game.

If it's a legit game, maybe try getting a new copy? (If you can, of course.)

If it's a pirated version, it could be some syntax errors that just naturally occurred from downloading the file.

That is a very strange problem though. Maybe a little more insight? What game are you playing? And what is this ship supposed to do if you click on it? (If you know, of course.) If clicking on this ship activates maybe some sort of cut scene or something, that will at least help decide what is going on.

Best of luck to you!

When I first installed the game, it was a pirated copy but I recently got a legit copy and did a reinstall. I had the problem with the pirated version and after I reinstalled the game from the legit DVD.

The game is Sins of a Solar Empire but I'm running the 7 Deadly Sins Mod because it's worlds better than the original game. The ship that is causing the game to crash is just a standard support and attack vessel that's no different that another one of the same kind except this one causes the game to crash.

Hmm... That is really strange. I'm leaning towards a corrupted file in the game, but if every ship is the same (with the same "attributes," if that makes any sense) then it doesn't seem like a file corruption problem with the game itself. I know it sounds trivial, but check to make sure you have the minimum requirements for the game. I highly doubt that is the problem, but it doesn't hurt to check.

I'm leaning towards a problem with Windows 7 being compatible for the game. Because Windows 7 isn't fully released right now, and because it was made by Microsoft, I'm sure there are some bugs with it, and maybe one of those bugs directly corresponds to conflicts with your game. I'm guessing it's the Windows 7 problem because that OS is (obviously) much more complicated than previous versions of Windows, and nowhere on the site does it say that it works with Windows 7 (however to play devil's advocate, it doesn't say it won't work with 7 either.)

Just try looking into and researching those possibilities. Maybe you'll find something to help you solve your problem.

Dang. I feel sorry for you. I mean, you have a brand new computer and it recently crashes, and I have my hunk o' junk HP that often overheats but still works fine somehow. I hope you get that fixed.

Hmm... That is really strange. I'm leaning towards a corrupted file in the game, but if every ship is the same (with the same "attributes," if that makes any sense) then it doesn't seem like a file corruption problem with the game itself. I know it sounds trivial, but check to make sure you have the minimum requirements for the game. I highly doubt that is the problem, but it doesn't hurt to check.

I'm leaning towards a problem with Windows 7 being compatible for the game. Because Windows 7 isn't fully released right now, and because it was made by Microsoft, I'm sure there are some bugs with it, and maybe one of those bugs directly corresponds to conflicts with your game. I'm guessing it's the Windows 7 problem because that OS is (obviously) much more complicated than previous versions of Windows, and nowhere on the site does it say that it works with Windows 7 (however to play devil's advocate, it doesn't say it won't work with 7 either.)

Just try looking into and researching those possibilities. Maybe you'll find something to help you solve your problem.

That's what I'm thinking. But I'm thinking more along the lines of a corrupt mod file instead of an actual game file since I've had this problem with both the pirated disk and the legit disk. Now I'm gonna try and see if I have the problem with the mod disabled.

And in response to Windows 7, I wish it could be that but the game ran fine on my mom's Windows 7 Beta. I'm thinking something wrong with Windows 7 itself.

Back
Top Bottom