I'm about to go crazy (in the process of building a PC)

The ones with the thick tips are motherboard screws. Well, what I use at least.
these?
photo0004w.jpg

Yup. You don't need to screw in all of the slots. You could just do the corners and it will work fine.

hmm, then what should i use for the power supply?

CD drive, HD, and Video card are all toolless with this case (centurian 5)

I use the screws Rohan uses.

Your PSU should have come with it's own screws. If not, the tiny screws that you have so many of should work fine.

Yup, you can use pretty much any screw that you need to use when you install a motherboard.

The pic you classified as a mobo mounting screw is correct. Those look exactly like the screws I used for my builds.

Never have I seen such a screwy thread. :D

Is it alright if I use two types of screws to get the mobo down?

I used the classic mobo screws with the wide head (the one in the picture) and some of the little tiny ones (also like the one in the picture?

I used both and have the mobo secured and im just wondering if thats alright?

I think i used 3 classic mobo screws and 4 of the smaller tiny ones.

It won't cause a short circuit or anything like that will it?

oh man.

got everything put together.

The PC turns on but my monitor is saying to VGA signal or DVI signal.

I can hear the fans turn on, the cpu is turning im just not getting a picture on the screen not even of BIOS or anything

im checking the exhaust on the video card and i cant feel anything.

its a evga 260 core 216 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130434

I've plugged in the two PCI-e power supply cords that it needs. I think its in the slot correctly (it's flush) with the PCI-e slot.

I can hear the HD turning, the CPU fan rotating, the CD drive spinning for a second , but no image at all. =(

im starting to get discouraged a bit about all this

and i dont hear a beep coming from the motherboard through all of this btw

yep, i just opened the case and the video card is not running at all. looks like the card in general is not running

I have a 650 watt power supply when the video card only needs 500, and 52A on the 12v rail which is more than enough for the card.

everything else is working fine...

Check to see if your RAM is in right. Take the card out and put it in again. Maybe it's just loose.

Back
Top Bottom