Illegal?

Anytime you copy something which is copyrighted, its illegal, unless you have permission from the production company.

Even if you aren't redistributing those products?

Would the said programs I listed above be detrimental to your system?

john123 said:
not if you own the original, and not if your in canada.
I own the original... is that strictly Canada (owning the original not illegal), or is it for US too?

john123 said:
not if you own the original, and not if your in canada.

Well, yea. :p

If you have the original, why would you be copying it unless you had the intention of redistributing.

Aecliptic said:
Well, yea. :p

If you have the original, why would you be copying it unless you had the intention of redistributing.
Uhm. back up? I copy my games if I can and just put the original away. Since games these days STILL demand you put the cd in your cd rom drive just to play, your original disc will get moved around a lot..

it annoys me so much that a game can take up several gigs of your hard drive space, yet they still want the cd to play. Complete and utter bs.

Yes, like Mike said... image backup. Again, would those programs I listed be a detriment to your system or the CD (if it means safedisc removal)?

oh, yea, in that case its handy to do it. I dont play games... so I didnt think about it in that sense.

i think theres a commercial program that will allow you to rip even copyrighted material to your computer. If you google it you will find it. It is completly legal as long as you own the game, and computer games don't take up as much space as you think. It's easier then making backups of all your games, and this way you can be super lazy and not even bother switching the cd in your cd-rom.

mayorredbeard said:
i think theres a commercial program that will allow you to rip even copyrighted material to your computer. If you google it you will find it. It is completly legal as long as you own the game, and computer games don't take up as much space as you think. It's easier then making backups of all your games, and this way you can be super lazy and not even bother switching the cd in your cd-rom.
How would it make it easier? For me, I just put in the disk and hit make image... I don't think the info you gave me is adequate enough for even a Google search... could you dig in?

Back
Top Bottom