if you have the fake antivirus called antivir (not aviras)

AppleMicrosoft

Baseband Member
http://www.findmysoft.com/removal-guide/Antivir/ it's for the fake antivir.

Personal antivirus:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-personal-antivirus
personal-antivirus.jpg

A lesson to all, no matter what internet security suit you use Malwarebytes is an invaluable tool to have on your computer, especially when your suit fails you as this will help to remove trojans and spyware.
Also it does not harm to run Malwarebytes occasionly to keep your system in check.

Cheers

A lesson to all, no matter what internet security suit you use Malwarebytes is an invaluable tool to have on your computer, especially when your suit fails you as this will help to remove trojans and spyware.
Also it does not harm to run Malwarebytes occasionly to keep your system in check.
More to the point - if you see a random "antivirus" package you've never heard of pop up in front of you and ask to be installed - don't install the damn thing, even (especially) if it tells you your computer will blow up in 10 seconds unless it's installed...!

More to the point - if you see a random "antivirus" package you've never heard of pop up in front of you and ask to be installed - don't install the damn thing, even (especially) if it tells you your computer will blow up in 10 seconds unless it's installed...!

You Are 100% correct, any program that installs itself on your PC is either spyware or malware and if this happens it means you have a big problem with your existing security suit.

Cheers

We use it at the University I work at. I recently worked in SuperAntiSpyware, as it has caught some things that malware could not. I was surprised :D

Anyway, it's what I use at home, superantispyware

When you get one of these, restart your computer, when your desktop comes up go to start - run - and type in "msconfig" go to startup and look for the virus. It will either have the exact name of the virus as the startup item name or you will see one with a bunch of random letters. Restart and repeatedly hit F8. When your options come up choose Safe Mode with Networking. Install Malwarebytes and Super Anti-Spyware. Update them and run full scan. If your browser does not work and you have IE 7 or 8 open browser. Go to tools - internet options - advanced tab - reset. After you have access to your browser again download the programs mentioned above. After the scans are done and you reboot don't go back to safe mode. Your computer should be back to normal but your not done yet. Download CCleaner and run the registry cleanup on it to rid any useless registry errors.

Back
Top Bottom