If you have severe, chronic back pain, would you visit a chiropractor?

Tech Explorer

In Runtime
I wouldn't as I have reservations about the profession. A good side question is whether anyone has gotten a referral to see a chiropractor by a regular doctor? (Wikipedia has a good article on this)

I have once before. I swung my golf club and oops, it hurts to breath now. Went a few days and decided to go to a chiropractor. He put me on that table, and snap crackle pop my back was good as new. They know their stuff, I wouldn't say they are a scam. Plus, it's not expensive.
I have been to a real back doctor as well as I have mild scoliosis.

I had back problems about tens years ago in which I was referred to a chiropractor..... only temporary relieved my problem as it always came back.

By stroke of luck I was recommended to a professional masseur who over time cured my problem with masseurs/exercises......
My back problem has never returned and all I do is some simple exercises a week which takes about ten minutes.

IMO a qualified masseur knows more than chiropractor.

Unfortunately a Chiropractor cannot help me. When ever I suffer sever back pain, chest aches, and stomach cramps, it's always caused by my ex-wife.

The symptoms always go away as soon as she does.

I have a Chronic disease, it can not be cured. I have to live with it. I stop myself going to Chrios as much as possible as I can.

I never used to have back problems, then I started working, and I found it easier to work standing up, leaning over machines building them, fixing.

Now my backs can go fairly stiff so I cannot stand up straight, and I have to stretch a lot to 'crack' my back

I'm only 17 ._.

A nurse practitioner says weight gain can cause lower back pain so losing weight should have the opposite effect.

I've gone to the chiropractor before and really didn't get a fix for the issues I was having from him. It's possibly my ignorance but what I thought was just run of the mill issues with my neck due to being at the computer 20 hours a day, was clearly more. After he cracked my neck and back, the office manager told me the doctor wanted to see me 3-4 times a week for an unforeseeable amount of time.

Now I could have paid $40/visit or $150/mo for unlimited visits. The $150/mo would be worth it if it were helping me.. but it simply didn't.

In the end, I no longer suffer the same pains. I try to get up a bit more during the day for short periods of a break and that seems to have fixed it right up.

Back
Top Bottom