If you have a RC plane... don't watch this.

That one guy near the beginning was devastated.

I remember when I was a kid watching a guy with a big RC Stearman bi-plane. The thing must have had at least a 3 foot wingspan. Snoopy was the pilot and he had a bomb bay with working doors that he used to drop a parachuter out of. As the plane was going along, I heard him mumble "oh s@%!". His fingers were moving the control sticks all around but the plane wasn't responding. It nose dived into the ground from around 100 ft or so. The top wing blew off on impact and the nose of the plane was crushed clear up to the cockpit. He quietly walked over to his mangled plane, collected the parts and loaded everything into the back of his truck. He never said a thing as he drove away.

For that guy in the video. I'd hate to guess how much he put into the plane...

I remember when I was a kid watching a guy with a big RC Stearman bi-plane. The thing must have had at least a 3 foot wingspan. Snoopy was the pilot and he had a bomb bay with working doors that he used to drop a parachuter out of. As the plane was going along, I heard him mumble "oh s@%!". His fingers were moving the control sticks all around but the plane wasn't responding. It nose dived into the ground from around 100 ft or so. The top wing blew off on impact and the nose of the plane was crushed clear up to the cockpit. He quietly walked over to his mangled plane, collected the parts and loaded everything into the back of his truck. He never said a thing as he drove away.
That would really hurt me to see that, because if if you race/drive/fly rc's we've all been in the same boat before. I wrecked on a road course before. It was the first warm day of spring and I wanted to drive really bad. I plugged my battery in and had couple of good laps around the local R.O.A.R. course. But all of a sudden my controller stopped responding and the car burnt out its tires and rocketed into turn one at full speed. It smashed into the wall and flipped over the barrier. I picked up the the wreckage the front arms, bumper, shock tower, half of the chasis, and servo were completely destroyed.:(

That happened to a buddy of mine at an off-road race years ago in Sacramento. He had one of those kick ass Yokomo 4wd cars. Before the start of his heat, somebody in the pits turned on their radio. His car took off full bore down the front straight an slammed into the barrier. His car ended up pretty much like yours.

Not me. I felt his pain. I know how much time and effort is put into building those planes.
Lol Yeah I know what you mean. I love Rc anything to be honest. But I'm just in that mood of "HAHA your sh*t is F**ked!". You know.. The mood where you watch someone fall flat on there face and you laugh yourself to sleep?

I had a B-17. Took a year to get it all put together. Our club had a paved strip at one of the landfill sites that was no longer in use. Long driveway with 2 signs that stated no two way radios.
Welp a person that was not a member of our club decided to try to shoot skip from the hilltop while we were there. He fired up his CB and keyed down and that was all she wrote for two of us airborne at the time. Bob's F-4 did a nose dive from about 50 feet and was a total loss. My baby did barrel rolls in to a tree at the edge of the land fill.

I grabbed my tire iron and smashed out all of this car windows. No one saw nothing and the case was dismissed for lack of any witnesses. Yeah I know first hand what they felt.

I had a B-17. Took a year to get it all put together. Our club had a paved strip at one of the landfill sites that was no longer in use. Long driveway with 2 signs that stated no two way radios.
Welp a person that was not a member of our club decided to try to shoot skip from the hilltop while we were there. He fired up his CB and keyed down and that was all she wrote for two of us airborne at the time. Bob's F-4 did a nose dive from about 50 feet and was a total loss. My baby did barrel rolls in to a tree at the edge of the land fill.

I grabbed my tire iron and smashed out all of this car windows. No one saw nothing and the case was dismissed for lack of any witnesses. Yeah I know first hand what they felt.

well im glad you handled that with maturity. :p

Back
Top Bottom