If you HAD to choose...macbook air or asus Eee PC?

The EeePC is a great ultraportable. It's quick and stable with Linux as the OS rather than Windows. Let's face it, Windows is just too resource hogging for the EeePC's hardware.

It's hardware is even moddable. I've seen several articles showing you how to install an internal 3G HSDPA card so you can get mobile 3G broadband anywhere. It's a great present for any DIY'ers you know since it's relatively cheap for a notebook.

lets face it apple products are fashion accesories,
QUOTE]

so true

..honestly..i just want something that works and does what i tell it to do...mac, pc, linux aside, if it works, i buy it...i don't need an iPod, i need an mp3 player....i don't need a ultra portable laptop--i need a laptop (for gosh sakes they are all portable..that's why they are laptops..i dont see how one might be more portable than another..i mean if you can use it with no cords into the wall, that's portable IMHO....and i don't need a ferrari--i need something that get's me from point a to point b....i guess that's my small town thinking on this....

lets face it apple products are fashion accesories,
QUOTE]

so true

..honestly..i just want something that works and does what i tell it to do...mac, pc, linux aside, if it works, i buy it...i don't need an iPod, i need an mp3 player....i don't need a ultra portable laptop--i need a laptop (for gosh sakes they are all portable..that's why they are laptops..i dont see how one might be more portable than another..i mean if you can use it with no cords into the wall, that's portable IMHO....and i don't need a ferrari--i need something that get's me from point a to point b....i guess that's my small town thinking on this....

No dude, there are lots of people that think like you.

But, there are also millions of others that put looks and brand-name above functionality. The average high-school girl isn't gonna give a darn about the Zune's features and lower price. She wants to be able to say "One sec, i'm gonna go get my IPOD." She'll never say "oh shoot, I forgot my iRiver in class!!!"

oh yes..I know that very well GhostGt..that's why i usually that it was 'my thinking' which I know you saw...but yes many people are like how you explained..it's a very materialistic world these days...

Back
Top Bottom