If you HAD to choose...macbook air or asus Eee PC?

agreed cryman....like i said before..you can get a laptop for the same price as the air that does way more..and if you can't handle the little bit of extra weight that it will have over the air, than you are pretty sissy in book :)..all in good fun lol..but really..if the battery life was similar (idk if it is or isn't) between you know a sony vaio or hp or asus regular notebook, i'd take it any day over the air.....doesn't help that i still mac's o/s's as being kindergarten....abc, 123....there's no mean on it's bones..i want to be able to run any software i want, when i want it..you only get that kind of thing with a PC in my opinion

That's the thing, though. Battery life.

I'm sure you've used any regular laptop (non-mac) that is your normal build (ie. Sony, HP, Toshiba, etc.) They claim 3-4 hours battery life and deliver half of it. All three of my PC laptops I've had are poor performers when it comes to battery life.

I've never been a big fan of Apple's computers, but I'm warming up to their laptops bigtime. A girl I mess around with at school has both a Pro and a normal white macbook. She lets me use them from time to time; you guys wanna take a stab at the battery life? With wifi ON and Word running, I've managed to use the macbook in 5 (FIVE!) of my classes last semester. The MBPro lasted almost 4 1/2 hours, but I was doing a LOT more than just taking notes.

I'm not ignoring the fact that extra batteries/bigger batteries can be bought and used for PC laptops, but the battery life of the macs is a major plus IMO.

And Dude, the target audience of the Air (like it or not) is the person who wants to be able to carry a laptop around without having to worry about bulk, battery life, or extra baggage to tag along. For the businessman on the go, an 80gb hard drive and one USB port will suffice for almost ANY task given to him/her. Take my word for it on that one; i've had direct experience with such situations on a weekly basis.

I'm not trying to say that the Air is god. There are plenty of alternatives out there that will give it a run for its money (a bit TOO much money IMO), such as sony's ultralight models and some other ones i've seen at stores. But for what it is, the Air is a great piece of machinery that will serve its purpose. The upcoming sales of the product in the next few months will show that the average consumer doesn't give a flying fickle about anything else when they've got an ultralight, sexy, sleek, and LIGHTWEIGHT laptop to show-off at the workplace.

Its almost like BMW if you think about it; hardcore fans (myself included) hate the new direction the company took after Bangle started designing cars. But, as sales figures showed, more people are buying BMWs than ever, and all the criticism and bad-mouthing of Bangle didn't do anything at all.

Macbook Air: Love it or hate it, it's here, and it WILL succeed.

Much love :p

Chris

the macbook air is exactly like all other apple products,

"its technology we had 3 years ago in a miniskirt a boob tube"

lets face it apple products are fashion accesories,

lets take a look the ipod nano, again we had the same technology in baggy trousers and a beard for half the price apple make it look good and it sells like crazy,

the iphone exactly the same as above and now this,

the macbook air is exactly like all other apple products,

"its technology we had 3 years ago in a miniskirt a boob tube"

lets face it apple products are fashion accesories,

lets take a look the ipod nano, again we had the same technology in baggy trousers and a beard for half the price apple make it look good and it sells like crazy,

the iphone exactly the same as above and now this,

That's their key to success. One thing that so many companies have overlooked is styling and the "feel" a product gives to a consumer.

To their credit, every single person drools at the commercial of an iPod, an iPhone, or their laptops. I've never seen someone point at their TV and say "WOW! That HP commercial makes me want to buy one RIGHT NOW!"

What kind of linux does the EEE pc use anyways? is it Ubantu or something else?

By brother has a EEEPC. It's realy cool. It's perfect if you travel a lot - He got it because he was going on holiday and wanted to be able to search for resturants, train times, etc.

Back
Top Bottom