If you had a time machine?

Come on guys- think BIGGER.... How about going back and preventing WW1 ( prevent the assassination) or WW2 ( Kill Hitler before he becomes powerful) or go back to "Jesus times" to see how accurate the Bible is. How about go back and see if Kennedy was really shot by Lee Harvey Oswald or not - and did he act alone? Or prevent it from happening by hiding in the building and preventing Oswald from getting a shot off. The money stuff would be irrelevant if you had a time machine - too easy. I think the future stuff would be dam interesting as well. Medical/health breakthroughs, transportation breakthroughs, all beyond our capabilities now.

You've never seen "The Butterfly Effect" :p.

For a long period of my life whenever I did something wrong or things went another way I could keep thinking about what would happen if I went back in time.
Like I was serious into it and then one day I was like...who am I kidding...

But like acerinpa said, there's a lot of serious things that we could stop
attacks, deaths, but that list can go on and on an on.

What if you go back and get killed right away for wearing your current clothes, they may thing your an alien and there goes that p lan

For a long period of my life whenever I did something wrong or things went another way I could keep thinking about what would happen if I went back in time.
Like I was serious into it and then one day I was like...who am I kidding...

But like acerinpa said, there's a lot of serious things that we could stop
attacks, deaths, but that list can go on and on an on.

What if you go back and get killed right away for wearing your current clothes, they may thing your an alien and there goes that p lan
huh???
I still wear blue jeans!

Well- since the premise is fantasy to begin with. I Figured I would "go big". However, I would definitely love to go back to "Jesus times" just to observe- not to change anything. I can see the whole if you change this(a), then that happens(b) which is worse the the first thing - like in the "Butterfly Effect" movie and others. I guess by Hitler being gone a better, less crazy , guy could come into power and then he would not attack Russia and have a 2 front war - hence the coarse of WW2 would have changed a lot - not for the better. However, maybe Germany gets the economy turned around and NO war starts and millions don't have to die and the USA doesn't have to bail out and rebuild several countries post war which then changes the world economy and scientific breakthroughs happen without war. .

I would go back in the 1600's and introduce computers, I'll probably end up ruling the world!
(or maybe they might kill me because they think I'm using magic)

Back
Top Bottom