If you do not have health insurance, prepare to be fined!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So wait now I need to get insurance?

Nevermind I live in Sweden. :)

It is a real pain when you make too much money to get aide but not enough to afford insurance. I paid way too much for family insurance when people who had more money worked the system and got it for free.

Yah. That's the main problem in America that a lot of people nowadays aren't quite understanding. The area in which there is the biggest problem lies not with the most poor, but with the working poor. As much of a uncompassionate libertarian I am, I think the current state of affairs is a problem because it creates a assentive for some at the lowest income levels to do nothing. Why should they? Sometimes I don't blame them.

It's really like a vicious cycle. The insurance companies have so much control over physicians that they are pretty muched forced into charging outrageous rates. The healthcare system is a joke, but I also don't see an easy solution. Socialized healthcare could bury our government in a second. But healthcare as it is is not sustainable either. I won't even go into prescriptions/pharma. That is a whole other beast that seriously needs addressed!

uhmmm kk...so we're gonna fine the people who can't afford health insurance....i don't see how that'll work? I mean...if they had money to pay the fine wouldn't they just buy the insurance?

uhmmm kk...so we're gonna fine the people who can't afford health insurance....i don't see how that'll work? I mean...if they had money to pay the fine wouldn't they just buy the insurance?

According to the plan though, I think they will receive a tax credit. But either way, it's going to be used to provide incentives on a personal level to get health insurance.

This has got to be the most laughable fine I've ever heard of. This including the 1,500 dollar speeding ticket Virginia, or whoever that is, hands out.

Eddie Vedder said in an interview "It feels like it's the end of the world, and we all got a great seat. Step right up, get your tickets."

I smell anarchy on the way. :)

Where does the line between can and cannot afford it be drawn? So the government is essentially forcing people to pay money into the private sector through the threat of a large lump sum payment in its stead? Will it be a one off payment for life or a annual payment or perhaps a deposit that will be return through tax rebate after you sign up for a private policy?

To add to it is this. WHY must some people have health insurance? I mean i am a stay at home father. I get sick once a year if that. Not bad my last cold lasted 4 days. Took some NyQuil and slept most of it away.

So really why must i pay for something that i dont, wont and probably never use? Even when i had it i never used it. So why should i pay for something to line a Doctor or Insurance companies stock holders pockets when i will get nothing from it?

So to me this is even more of a outrage cause i dont need it, dont want it and wont use it. So punish me even more cause of it?

I am not working and i dont need insurance to sit at home with my child. What is the worse that happens? I slip down a stair? give me a break.

Don't ask these questions, because I might have to give my opinions on the matter which would get this thread closed :). And I'm both surprised and proud that its being as civil and organized as it is.

Don't ask these questions, because I might have to give my opinions on the matter which would get this thread closed :). And I'm both surprised and proud that its being as civil and organized as it is.

why do you keep saying things like that? it's really annoying :|

but as mak said : yea..what about the people who don't need it but are being forced into it? Or what about the people that don't deserve it that are getting it for free?

I think every thing's fine where it's at....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom