If you are interested in finding a new sport...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikesgroovin

HONK if you route packets
I may have something for you to try!

I've been playing Disc Golf for years and absolutely love it.
It's played similar to traditional golf, yet you throw golf discs (or frisbees) at metal baskets. The cost compared to the traditional golf game is extremely cheap. You'll have to purchase a few discs to begin with. For starters, a driver, mid-range and putter will run you about $30-$40. Most of the courses are free. Some that you actually pay for are simply a fee to get into the park where the disc golf course is located. At most, you'll pay $2-$3 to play for as long as you want. But with the weather getting warmer around "most" of the US, you may want to try it out. I put together a horrible video for ya. This is the first time that i've played this season, so I'm missing A LOT of my putts....to be expected though. The thing to enjoy the most while playing is more times than not, nature. But, bringing your friends, a six pack and an open mind never hurts either. I don't have friends nor beer in this video (nor do I in real life) but I hope you enjoy it anyway.

Official Disc Golf Association Website
Course Directory
Mikesgroovin's video
You Tube Version

Yeah, we had a 2 basket disc gold course near a school in oregon and I was always wondering what it was and it looked kind of fun, but it was in a dry, dead field with tall grass and ticks.

lol - the big difference between extreme frisbee and disc frisbee is the following:

Disc Frisbee = Outdoors, Nature & Ice Cold Beers

Extreme Frisbee = Indoors, Sweaty, Smelly Gym & Powerade

I'll take a few Ice Cold Beers & Nature anyday...

Extreme Frisbee = Ultimeate Frisbee except Ultimate is oudoors. Just like soccer, the later of the two was invented outdoors but contains the same principles. The 2 sports are COMPLETELY different. Why? Well, for starters, you would NEVER try to catch a Innova Wraith in mid air after someone threw it 250 feet ago....that would seriously hurt....A LOT! You WOULD however try and catch an Ultimate Frisbee. The two are QUITE different. It's like comparing ping pong and tennis, you just don't do it.

It looks fun. I might see if their is any thing like it down here in Australia and bring my scout troop to it.

Disc frisbee is great because you can play it anywhere and it doesnt cost anything. Unless you go to a course and even thats nothing.

Extreme frisbee is if your looking for a little workout. I'm more for the relaxing game myself1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom