If I buy....

FenderG101

Baseband Member
If I buy a New Hard drive and New improved Motherboard....could I take copies of Windows XP from another computer on Cds and install windows XP onto the Hard drive and Run Windows XP? The CD is just the Hard Drive Backed up on CD's from another windows XP system...Can't I jjust copy all the files onto the new hard drive?

that's illegal i think. i think the user agreement is if you buy like a new hard drive and attach it to an old motherboard it's fine, but if it's a new motherboard and rig and stuff, you have to purchase another cd-key at the very least. you could borrow your friends xp install disc, you just need those numbers.

Yeah, they say you are supposed to buy a new cd-key for every install, however, I think that they let you use the same cd-key atleast 2 times on different home machines. I could be wrong though.

iceshooter16 said:
Yeah, they say you are supposed to buy a new cd-key for every install, however, I think that they let you use the same cd-key atleast 2 times on different home machines. I could be wrong though.
ooh. 2 different pc's? yes!! thats just wat i needed to hear. :D

Back
Top Bottom