IE8 will not remember the last window size after closing?

WhereBob

In Runtime
Not sure why but all of a sudden my Internet Explorer 8 is not remembering the last window pane size when I close it. I resize it to the size I want and close it but it always opens half screen vertically the next time. This just started about a week ago, before that no problems. Anyone know the fix?

Hold CTRL after you resize it and then close with upper right hand corner button. Reopen.

Hold CTRL after you resize it and then close with upper right hand corner button. Reopen.
Nope didn't work though that would only be a temp fix as it should remember the last window size by default. Thanks for the repy however

So I looked over the registry entries for IE and found nothing that straight up said Default Window Size, there is a Window Placement registry entry which I would imagine would have something to do with the window size. So, I renamed the registry entry and tested IE8 and it worked just fine, you can try this too as it should replace the registry entry with a new one. Go to Start and type regedit. Go to Current User > Software > Microsoft > Internet Explorer > Main. There you will find the Window Placement registry entry. Just rename it to REM_WindowPlacement and try again.

I just went in a reset IE settings to default under internet options "advanced tab" and now it works fine.

Thanks for all the replies

Back
Top Bottom