IE7 vs Firefox 3 vs Opera 9.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use Firefox 3 at home and IE7 at work.

Personally I prefer Firefox, I've used it for years, never had an issue with it and I find it more user friendly than IE7.

I've never tried Opera, but I've heard some good things.

FF3 at home, IE6 at work. I use FF3 just as I used FF2 and FF1. ;) I have IE7 on my home computer as well, but it is hardly ever fired up.

I tried Opera once and it tried to take over way too many things. I may get around to giving the newer versions a spin one day, but I don't see me using it as I have Firefox customized just like I want it.

Hello,

Let me jsut say this is all peronsal opinions. As each browser performs differently on each machine.

Now if you are talkign straight browser no plugins or extensions.

Opera by far wins. Without the Extensions that firefox has it does not compare. But with extensions people like Firefox. Only cause they have not figured out how to customize Opera to work for them.

I use Opera and it is great. I have Firefox 3 as well and a bunch of extensions. But i do not see that speed that i see on Opera at all. Even with Fasterfox installed.

IE7 is last. Step up from IE6 but still lacks. The addition of IE7Pro helps IE out but still doesnt cover the lack of anything in it.

Cheers,
Mak

I myself am an Opera user. There's just something about Firefox I hate, but this is all down to personal preference.
Opera (like Mak says) *works out the box* and you won't find much you want to add-on.

I'd reccomend you'd have a stab at Opera, if you don't like it you can always remove it ;)
As for the speed concerns you have it beats IE7 hands down. Plus Opera (in my experience) virtually never crashes.

Let us know ;)

Cheers,

~ Tkey

Ya, I've been an Opera the moment I tried it and god it pains me to use anything else.

And i hate firefox, for some reason it just HATES my computer. I think i'll uninstall it when i get home.

Hello,

There is the Opera Ad Filtering topic which i have posted which helps. there is also tins of stuff in the Opera Forums for UserJS scritps which do customize Opera even more. 1 site i found in particular is great:

Extending Opera : The Ultimate Guide to Customizing Opera

It gives you the Right Clikc BBC Code and HTML code just ilke the BBCode Xtra does for Firefox. That is just one of many i have found to make Opera work jsut as good if not better than Firefox. I am not syaing that Firefox doent work. But each person is unique and like what they use.

Trotter prefers Firefox cause of the customizations it presents. Myself and Tkey use Opera cause of what it offers.

Another thing to note is that sites are not coded for Opera. So if a site "looks wrong" in opera in fact that is how the site is coded to appear. Ther is special code added to sites to make them work in Firefox and IE but not Opera. So the sites actually appear as they should in Opera without taking into consideration the extra code added.

Also to be noted Opera was the first Windows based browser to pass the Acid2 test. It is on track to be the first Widnows based browser to pass Acid3 as well. Firefox3 now passes Acid2 as it didnt in Firefox 2. IE7 is no where near close. IE8 will be Acid2 compliant.

The reason this is important, those are web coding standards which should be used. If these standards were in use more and more then no matter which browser you use they would work and look the same. Right now with the way sites are coded you can only get them to work in certain browsers. Like IE or Firefox. Which is ignorant on the coding part since they neglect several browser which people use. To force people to use a certain browser to use a site to me is nto right. Kinda like people saying Microsoft is focing them to upgrade to Vista cause XP is no longer for sale.

Dont get me wrong. I use Ie and Firefox. I also use Safari from time to time. I have use TheWeb, Flock, KMeleon, among many others. I prefer Opera. I use firefox often in Linux. It is good. But i would like to see more standards enforced.

Cheers,
Mak

I always give up when i try to customize opera.... lol. Ill give it a go when I get home i guess.

Anyway to disable the mouse 4 and 5 keys from switching pages? I can't find that option. I use those keys as mic buttons and such for vent and its annoying to talk and surf the web at the same time, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom