IE and other software drop to desktop issue

Frankenberry

Beta member
Hi Guys,

Hopefully I can get some answers from the forum. I've had this issue for sometime. The best way to describe it is if from IE when I save a file it opens up a sub-window and the original window is in the background and made partially transparent. If you click outside the sub-window you hear a loud bell tone. This is what happens to me all the time except there is no visible sub-window. Imagine I am typing into IE10 tab and suddenly IE falls to the background and I hear a bell tone for each button press.

When this problem is apparent I get issues with other pieces of software like games on Steam which always crash to desktop. I found that if I re-update my DX, vredist, and my gfxcard driver a few times and reset it then my system stabilizes as long as I never turn it off or put it into sleep mode. Sometimes though through MS updates or other when I turn the system back on it's back to the same problems as before.

Another point which may be linked is that my wire network connection turns off (yellow tag) from time to time using in a single sitting. I am using a TP-LINK nano to wirelessly connect my desktop to the rest.

I tested my RAM sticks. Before they said 8gb. I placed only 1 in each time and the second one didn't allow the computer to start suggesting that it had failed. Now only 1 RAM is registering in the system. I may have fried it from static (even though I was careful) but I had a suspicion about it for some time.

Any help would be appreciated.

From event viewer I get these errors a lot:

1. WLAN Extensibility Module has failed to start.
Module Path: C:\Windows\system32\Rtlihvs.dll
Error Code: 126

2. Session "Microsoft Security Client OOBE" stopped due to the following error: 0xC000000D

A new one is:
Faulting application name: TWCU.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4f86b5c3
Faulting module name: RtlLib.dll, version: 700.1067.330.2011, time stamp: 0x4d93eea6
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00026f9c
Faulting process id: 0x9f0
Faulting application start time: 0x01cea8211df279c8
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\TP-LINK\TP-LINK Wireless Configuration Utility\TWCU.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\TP-LINK\TP-LINK Wireless Configuration Utility\RtlLib.dll
Report Id: a76cef86-1419-11e3-9b01-d43d7e00e8a1

Back
Top Bottom