Identify Hardware - Images Included

mostdopeey

Beta member
Hey guys! I made this account just for this question I have. This forum looks like it's full of computer know-it-alls. :)

I just need to know what the name of this piece of hardware is called, so I can order a new one. It keeps the keyboard strip(?) in place. It's a little black piece of plastic. Without it, I can't use my keyboard. I tried googling just about every name i could think of, but no luck.
Can you guys please help me identify it?
I attached images.
Thanks.

Attachments

• photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 15
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Go to google images and drag and drop the image into the search bar tell me what comes up

Last edited:
Watahh this guy is long gone. If you read the first line in his post he said he signed up just to ask this one question. He obviously pried it out from the center instead of pushing the latch pins in and up. However having said that...
It's called the keyboard ribbon cable retainer clip. It presses in along side the ribbon cable in the socket and 2 pins latch along either side. A sure bet is it's going to be a dealer item. And a bear to get ahold of.
But
If need be the cable can be plugged in and a bead of latex bathtub caulk can be run where the cable comes out of the plug. Let dry 24 hours and put it back together. It's getto but it works.

The way ones I have owned do it is like the ribbon plug in pic 2 in the upper right corner. The ribbon terminates in to a plug and that plugs in to a ZIF socket. It's a lot simpler to get them apart.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom