IDE drive, few questions.

yeah I even set the bios to boot cd first...I just tried that after i posted the last message. I got the press any key to boot to cd, which I did and I got an error message that went away to quick for me to read. Gonna go try it again tho.

still waiting for it to try n boot. Its stuck at "verifying DMI pool data...." hasnt gone anywhere for about 2 minutes. This is the last message in the bios i usually get before windows loads

well it booted to cd and I eventually got this message (500mhz cpu lol)
"INF file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing, status 32768. Setup cannot continue, press any key to exit"

This is retarded, the first time i put the disc in today it worked and I had to exit.

how do I set up xubuntu? rememer that computer doesnt have an internet connection.

oh yay, now it loaded lol.

Does the CD have any scratches or scuff marks? Usually that error occurs from either a bad CD, dirty lens, or a hardware error such as bad memory.

Linux would have to be downloaded on another comp and burned to a CD.

well just an update on this thread, I got XP re-installed and the file system to NFTS. Got 3.3gb HDD space left of my 5.99 lol. I switched some stuff around in windows and changed the performance levels, it actually doesnt move around to bad.
Then I tried installing clock gen and systool, but apparently neither of them support the system lol.
Im starting to thing about trying to find a cheap 1GHz slot1 CPU, or a 1.4GHz tualatin with the slotket adapter and 1GB pc100 hah

Back
Top Bottom