IBM Thinkpad T41

ace777

Fully Optimized
Hey guys,

I recently purchased a T41 for 10 dollars from a friend, they had no idea what was wrong with it and I figured if anything I could use the parts out of it. Anyways, I have narrowed it down to one of three things, from lenovos site, a beep code of 1 long two short is either:

DIMM
system board
Video/LCD

now I replaced the RAM to ensure thats not an issue, when I take the monitor OFF the assembly, no more beep codes, would this confirm that its the monitor? I can't get it to boot into OS because something is stopping it and I can't see it. I have tried and external monitor and still nothing. Also SOMETIMES the LCD will display, only once with backlight and about three times with no out of about 50 boots. Any ideas?

Nice buy... Reset the CMOS? Don't know if it will work, or how this is done on a laptop but I think it's worth a try.

i would say video... you take the monitor off and try an external and still nothing? video.

I tried to reset it already and still nothing :/

I tried to get an external going but nothing :/ could the video just be the monitor or is it the video chip? If its the chip the whole mobo is shot and I will have to get another and its a waste of money at this point.

Back
Top Bottom